What's new

The Patriots win the Super Bowl!!!! (1 Viewer)

RicP

Screenwriter
The more I think about this, the more it seems fated.
Firstly, they're called the Patriots! for Pete's sake!
Red, White, & Blue (& silver) :)
They're the only team that represents an entire portion of the country and not a city or state. I mean technically they represent what? 6 states? more? They really do represent more of America than any other team.
What a fantastic game.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I think I tore up the arm cushin on my couch by digging my fingernails into it during the last few minutes. Although it turned out to be the right call, I was shouting profanities way above reference level when that 90+ fumble return was erased on a penalty giving the Rams a 1st down in the process.
Oddly enough considering where I live and have lived since the day I was born I am actually a FALCONS fan. But tonight I was pulling for the Pats all the way. That was a great fuckin game !!!!!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Michael*k - you beat me to it. Adam Vinateri got robbed for the MVP ! Not that it matters in the whole scheme of things, but Brady, who was clutch, did not have an MVP performance.

Adam won the game on the last play from a long distance, and for that, I think he is more deserving than Brady.

It was certainly a team effort though, the defense played really well.

Congrats Pats.

p.s. You pats fans gotta admit, the Raiders gave you the most trouble.....hehehehe

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
You pats fans gotta admit, the Raiders gave you the most trouble
Normally, I would add to that, but that call has been discussed ad nauseum in the NFL Playoffs thread. Besides, let's let the Patriots fans bask. It's their time! Congrats Pats fans.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
I disagreed right away with Madden saying the Pats should play for O.T. on that last drive. I was saying "No way...you have to go for it right now". If you have a chance to put away the Rams in the last minute you go for it. Plain and simple.

Maybe Brady wasn't spectacular during most of the game, but looking at the whole picture of Tom Brady, coming virtually out of nowhere, and driving the Pats on the last drive to get them in FG range for the win...that was sweet! Come on...give the guy credit! I mean, most young QB's would not have done that if put in the same position. He didn't choke. He stepped up and did it. Plus, no interceptions. that in itself was pretty big.

That being said, I would have liked Brady & Vinateiri to have shared the MVP. Like Schilling and Johnson did in the World Series.

Is Vinateiri clutch or what? Those to snowbound kicks to beat the Raiders a few weeks back and now the game winning FG to put down The Mighty Rams!!? And right down the middle, like it was a peice of cake. 48 freakin yards!!!

HOT DAMN WHAT A SUPER BOWL!!!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
As far as MVP, if Tom Brady hadn't shown such coolness under pressure and brought the Pats down the field in the last minute and a half, Vinateri wouldn't have had the opportunity to kick that field goal!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yeah - I thought maybe I was the only one who thought they should have put .02 seconds back on the clock. Oh well - no biggie (unless you are a Rams fan :frowning: )
At least the AFC won the game - this makes me feel like my Colts played a tougher schedule than many folks thought :)
But I will say I was rooting for the Rams to win (I like Proehl)...and thought they had it once they tied it up there towards the end.
Good to see an underdog finally pull one out at the end though.
Good job Pats!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
that was a GREAT GAME!! i knew it would come down to a long field goal...

well there certainly were some great moments, but tonight i saw the biggest choke i had ever seen-- even if it did get called back. Kurt Warner's fumble -> 98 yd TD run was one of the most inexcusable mistakes i've ever seen. pathetic! (even though i was rooting for the Rams!)

well it was a great game...one of the best SuperBowls i've ever seen.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
What an amazing game! Hell yeah THE PATRIOTS!

Boston is gonna explode tonight! In fact, I'm out the door right now heading to Lansdowne Street to join the partying and celebrating!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
At the risk of rubbing salt in a Steeler fan's wound, Brady did what Kordell Stewart did NOT do, namely lead his team to victory in the last minute, and he's no Elway or Montana.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
That's not rubbing salt in my wounds, but had Kordell led the Steelers down the field for the touchdown, it would only have tied the game, not won it. ;)

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
Amazing game!!! Congrats to the Pats! And to all of us fans who believed in a team of destiny. What a great sport to watch and enjoy!

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Robert, you are wrong. He did give them a chance to win the game by amassing 296 of 308 yards passing and running. The special teams blew the game for the Steelers, not Kordell. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks