What's new

The Partridge Family Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
does seem that season 3 pushes the music pretty hard. Plus they push Kings Island - they reran footage to squeeze another song into the show - and remind you of all the rides.

What's weird is for how much success the Partridge's have - Reuben doesn't seem to be getting them paid.

Real Name
Ron Albanese
Re: Susan Dey - yes, I noticed how much better she looked in the season 3. In fact, when I went back to season one right after to compare the seasons, it was jarring. The girl was really reed thin.

That King's Island also is a great study in the differences between the show and The Brady Bunch.

In one scene, Ruben is with "Mom," and a (hot) rep from the park. They order hard drinks! Ruben orders a "vodka on the rocks" or something like that.

It's also poolside in the afternoon!

I also thought it really cool that King's Island had a resort ... wonder if they still do.

On the technical side, these episodes look so great! The masters must be in great shape.

Ron

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Sony did a great job on remastering the video,I wish they had mixed
the songs in stereo,instead of the mono which they are.The unreleased
songs which may never be out would be better in stereo.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Well, David Cassidy was my "idol" back in the day so I have to have all seasons of this. I still like the Partridge Family songs and listening to him sing. For those who don't remember or didn't know, David Cassidy was quite the phenomenon during this show. The girls went as crazy for him as they did the Beatles.

Real Name
Ron Albanese
Yeah, Cassidy was apparently beyond huge during this show's run, but that too is a little weird. The show was never a super-hit. right?

Going back to the Brady Bunch, I never knew that this ran on the same night as that show - what a twofer!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Or in my case, a three-fer, as both shows were followed by Room 222 (IMO a superb show worthy of a DVD release one day). And for lovers of Love American Style, Friday evenings sure were a treasure!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Except that the DREADFUL "Nanny and the Professor" was sandwiched in between the shows at one point during its run.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
only thing that's not making me eager for season four is that pesky little neighbor kid. What the hell was the point of him?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks