What's new

The Oscar Race Heats Up This Christmas Season (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Is it that these films are going into wide release immediately in December as opposed to the usual practice of opening them in NY/LA for a week and then opening them wide in the new year??
Yes, thats it. Most of these movies will have a wide release immediately in December unlike last year where CTHD (Crouching Tiger) did not get one until late January/February across the country.
~Edwin

Gabriel Martin

Auditioning
Nobody mentionned The Majestic ? I know Edwin did but I think it deserves a little more discussion. It's Frank Darabont ! His Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile received a few nomination and I expect to see Best Screenplay nomination (as usual for Darabont) and Best Actor nomination for Jim, maybe Best Sound (since Darabont takes a lot of time working on that) and maybe Best Picture.
As for the others mentionned before, I totally agree besides the fact that I'm sure Jurassic Park III won't win Best Visual Effects.
------------------
G a B
"Yes my real name is Gabriel Martin and no, I don't like The Patriot"
My DVD Collection

Hubert

Second Unit
Well, it's too early for me too say, but I'll tell you which one I'm Psyched about. A Beautiful Mind. A movie with both Ed Harris and Russell Crowe, being directed by Ron Howard. PUHLEASE! I am there.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Thi, I heard of that and I was planning on watching it. But then I changed my mind. As with all the films I've seen recently, I don't want to hear, see or read anything about it. Going into it knowing very little is more fun for me. :)
~Edwin

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget about The Man Who Wasn't There from the Coen Bros. I'm down for anything they do.
I'm very worried about Gangs. By the time marketing is figured in, it will have cost over $100m and I don't think it has much chance of making that back. I hope I'm wrong, maybe it will do very well overseas.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...25
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks