What's new

The Oregon Trail - April 13th (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I don't think this is surprising, because the show is so obscure and never even had half its produced episodes broadcast, plus I don't think it *ever* had any kind of cable exposure in later years. So Universal clearly never produced a set of tape masters, which I'm sure necessitated Timeless going the 16mm route.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I bought this at Sam's Club yesterday for $19.88 (their standard price for these Timeless releases.)

The bad news: yes, these are 16mm transfers, and they are soft looking and rough in patches. However, in general, the color is good.

The good news: all the episodes appear to be uncut. The pilot movie is 95 minutes, and the remaining episodes run 48-49 minutes.

It's clearly a '70s western from the cinematography... and the hairstyles... and the theme song, which I found to be quite charming.

I suspect the series was picked up by NBC to capitalize on the success of Little House on the Prairie, because it has the same feel, as if the Ingalls had joined Wagon Train.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks