What's new

The Onion Strikes Again (Movie Rental) (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, who the hell does this Lisowitz guy think he is? I am sorry, but his attitude is extremely pretentious. Some of the stuff he is saying is justified, but most of it is just ludicrous: What is wrong with wanting to see a movie based on its trailer? Please tell me what the hell the purpose of the trailer is?
rolleyes.gif
I never watched Autumn in New York but I heard the story is pretty sad, what is wrong with bawling at the end?
Well guess what? I totally hated Being John Malkowitch and while I haven't watched Dead Man Walking yet, its subject matter is a depressing one. Now what the devil is wrong with feeling that way?
The only thing worse than J6P are the morons who are so preocupied with their "movie expert" mystique they fail to understand that most people do not share our hobby.
--
Holadem
[Edited last by Holadem on October 12, 2001 at 01:37 PM]

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
: "Then, I hear this other guy go, 'I heard Driven was really good.' How? From whom? Who are your friends? Where could you possibly have obtained that information? These people were like aliens from a planet where everyone is a moron and watches bad movies."
laugh.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Brad_W

Screenwriter
The "video store" the picture portrayed was a Hollywood Video. God it's sick that I know that.
Edited to say this: I thought the "article" was very funny. I worked in a video store for three years before I graduated college and my wife is a store manager at one and this is the type of crap that people really say. Since working in a video store, I've come to believe that 90% of people in this world are morons. You have to work at a video store to get this feeling truely. Well, I guess not, but it sure helps.
"I want action-packed movies." my wife heard.
"Is star wars under 's' or 'q'?" I heard.
stuff like this is said throughout the whole day.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed
[Edited last by Brad_W on October 12, 2001 at 02:45 PM]

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
OK, so perhaps I should do a Lucas on you guys and rewrite my whole post?
I guess the joke was on me... it is just that the subject matter touched a huge pet peeve of mine.
--
Holadem - I shall stop the ridicule here :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Last time I spent enough time in a video store to pay attention to what the other customers were saying, I was blown away just by the fact that all the movies they were looking at were on VHS TAPE!!
BTW that just reminded me of a true story- I was bored and stopped in a Blockbuster once, and these guys I'd never met before pointed to a movie (on tape) and asked me if it was any good- I don't remember what movie it was except that it was shot in 2.35 and available on laserdisc in widescreen but the VHS was only pan and scan. I replied that it was a good movie (I had seen it, but don't remember now what it was!) but they didn't want to watch it on VHS in pan and scan and they should watch it on laserdisc. I got the blankest expression I'd ever seen in my life, and he said "What the hell's laserdisc?"

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Beat ya to it, Brett! :) Still, the article is funny enough for a second go-around!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks