What's new

The Ongoing Wal-Mart $4.88/$5.50/$5.88 Bargain Bin Thread (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I also saw lots of the following

Ravenous

Snake Eyes

Eye for an Eye

Children of a Lesser God

Flashback

These have basically been mentioned already but thought I would throw the word in as well.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was intrigued by an earlier post that said Wild Things in the bin was MAR. I had purchased a copy just a couple weeks ago and it was OAR.

Well, I checked the bin tonight where I got my copy and two copies I found were, indeed, both MAR. That's too bad. Who wants to miss any portion of the scenery in that movie? :b

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I just thought I'd mention what I got at a Canadian Wal-Mart today from the bin. These are Cdn$6.88, so about US$5.30, and I'm mainly only mentioning what I got since many movies I'd never heard of and they don't stick in my mind. All I got are WS anamorphic.

Airplane!

Ford Fairlane

The Virgin Suicides

The Truth About Cats & Dogs

Freddy Got Fingered

Yeah I know, FGF and FF are not so good, but since Gigli wasn't there yet to fill my lousy movie quota...

They had a very large selection, one I didn't get but saw was Outland (with Connery), think I might like it, and Body Snatchers, seemingly well thought of in its own right, but generally not that well-reviewed. I must admit this is the first time they've ever had anything in the bargain bin that interested me at all.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Airplane! is in the bin? :eek: In Canada? Has anyone else seen it in the bin? In the U.S.? This is one of those titles I have been wanting for a long time, but I keep seeing in BB or CC sales like 2 for $15, but there's never another title I want to get. I think right now its on the shelf at BB for $14.99
since Gigli wasn't there yet to fill my lousy movie quota...
Probably won't be long now...

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yup, Airplane! That's the one I saw first, and once I grabbed it, figured I might as well take a look for more. I think the bargain bin of *name-brand* studio releases is new here, I go to WM about once a week and have never seen it before, usually their cheap stuff is incredible junk. The titles in the bargain bin that I recognised are not ones that we know of a new version coming out soon. Compare that to the Cdn$11.66/14.66/17.66 titles there: many of these have already been re-released, or will imminently be, so buyer-beware there, but not so in the real bargain bin it seems.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I dipped into the bin (actually a rack) again:

A Life Less Ordinary

WWE: Undertaker - He Buries People Alive

Greg S

Supporting Actor
If Anyone finds these 2 items in their bin, please lmk I would be happy to pay for them + shipping.

WWE: Undertaker - He Buries People Alive

WWE: Cause Stone Cold Said So

Thanks

Greg

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Not too bad for 5 minutes of losing dignity.
:D :b
You said it...I usually go to the local WM late at night anyway, not a lot of people there. There was nobody else around while I was rummaging through and making piles in the bin. Oddly, the real cheap $2-4 crap with no-name and "public domain" labels is in racks, and it's actually probably kinda good (for us) that the IMO better stuff is less accessible and more dignity-sapping...

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Just picked up Peggy Sue Got Married. Both OAR and MAR on same disc.

Also saw American Sweethearts with Julia Roberts. 2 different covers, but is the same.

They also have a lot of TV shows, such as Bonanza and Ozzie & Harriet, 2 disc sets for $5.50. 20 episodes. From a company called Platinum.

How are these TV discs from Platinum? Good quality, original music? Are they worth it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Douglas, those Platinum TV releases are the same public domain garbage that's been running around from about 50 zillion companies forever now. None of them seem better than any others.
This may be the best hope for semi-decent releases of the "PD" stuff, until official releases from the proper studios come along. I betcha these end up in the $5.50 bin, too.
Hey...is it time to rename this thread to the new price point? :laugh:

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Has anyone seen Children of a Lesser God in the Fort Lauderdale area? I just struck out at Oakland Park and University and McNab and Rock Island. I bought The Buddy Holly Story and Peggy Sue Got Married and saw plenty of copies of those.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor

Everytime I go by the bin, it's like a feeding frenzy. Oh well, there seems to be at least one or two good deals worth fighting for. I picked up Nine Months from the bin Friday night. We had never seen it before. It turned out to be quite good.

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
Even though it's an old title, The Towering Inferno is still available at my local WalMart.

My Wal-Mart also has some of the $5.50 titles, in the Electronics department and some more outside on another display on shelves.

So check out your local Wal-Mart and you may find the same thing and might score a DVD that isn't so dinged or damaged, and won't have to go bin diving for the title you want.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
grabbed Mute Witness and Exorcist III for $11 at the Dover, NH area wallyworld over the weekend...also saw the Stone Cold dvd in there...didn't Mute Witness just street a couple of months ago? Great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks