What's new

The ongoing "Big Brother 4" thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Now I'm wondering how the producers found the exes and cast them on the show without them realizing they were being cast because their exes were already cast.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The instant conflict that the X-factor brings does bring things to a boil ultra fast (vs. just booting someone totally on first impressions).

You really do have to wonder how the producers were able to round up these ex's (without tipping the other party of what was going on).

How long will Jack (FBI dude) last, that'll be the question.

Can't stand Allison.

Jun thinks a little too much of herself.

Scott and those hats...ugh.

Dana's a bit too butch.

Erika's the "Lisa" type, but with bigger boobs and a meaner streak.

Wonder why Robert cheated on her (Erika). He's a butthole, it would seem.

Jee is sort of clueless.

Nathan the "aw shucks" guy.

Justin might be a shrewd Roddy type of player, but better looking with a softer demeanor.

David is a bit bland to me.

Amanda's buttons seem easily pushed by Scott.

Michelle seems to be the truly naive little school girl, and yes, she could be Carmen Rasmussen's sister/twin.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
True it is a marathon, Patrick. But a true drama queen gets out of the gate fast. After all the binoculars are all on the front-runner. And Allison is insuring that she gets a lot of attention.

As for Jee, his cluelessness could be seen early as he used his bed pass to get the bed he wanted. “Nothing personal” has to be one of the funniest and most unaware lines on the show so far.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Being a drama queen isn't all that great in terms of strategy since it will paint a big target on your forehead. Amy (last year) only came back due to the revolving door policy/twist. Otherwise, she was toast.

The Ex-5 have their work cut out for them as the "Elite Eight" will try to keep HoH for the reminder of the next few weeks before "playing the real game". Big Brother probably didn't want this to come to fruition (i.e. they need one of the Ex's to win HoH in the next few weeks to get things to become more interesting in terms of sheer numbers on either "team".

You had to like the tweak in having Scott (odd man out) pick who HoH would be between Nathan and Allison (thus, getting people to show their cards/alliances early on in the game). Glad to see Allison get chummed anyway. :)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Jun needs work on those bikini's! Not her strength.

Pilates anyone?

Michelle actually reminded me of a Britney Spears acting all innocent. She does have a smoking body. Hope they keep her for awhile.

Dana is already very obnoxious. Her "bug eyes" routine will get old quick.

Erika reminds me of "Ginger" from Gilligans Island. She obviously has really worked on that body. Guarantees she's a goner.

Allison is an idiot. Right away telling everyone my X must go when their are other X's that are even worse. This after she was seen sweet talking her X that they would work together so right away everyone will know she's full of sh*t.

Jack the FBI dude will probably stick around awhile since their are many other fish to fry. They may need a real adult to play policeman for awhile.

That Robert guy is just creepy. Erika must have lousy taste in men to go with her fake boobs if she was with that guy for 2 years (and he cheated on her!)

Jee looks lost. Like he wandered into the house by mistake. He may be the first guy to go.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Patrick, I'll spoilerize for now

First Nominations
Amanda and Jee, apparently Nathan said some pretty harsh things about Amanda and not being able to trust her, and the comments ticked off Scott

Chris

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I did not read the spoiler, so this could be way off base, but I think that the two ex-guys gave in too quickly on the offer to not be nominated if they gave in.

Even if they can trust that deal, it would seem obvious to all that a couple of other of the newcomers will get the nod. This will tilt the power balance just a bit more to the first eight (after the eviction the numbers will be 8–4, but if they had won it could have been 7–5). With a 7–5 split you only need one defection for an even game.

Much more difficult task now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Only 11 votes this round (2 nominees don't vote).

The Elite Eight isn't all that solid (i.e. there are some misgivings for teaming up with some people so quickly, and there are sub-groups forming within that group of 8), so don't look for that to be the way the next 5 rounds of elimination will go. Plus, it'll get hairy when/if the one of the Ex's gets HoH in the next 5 weeks. Plus, there's probably going to be the POV which can also throw a monkey wrench in targetted eliminations (if an Ex wins POV) each week.

POV = power of Veto (for those who have forgotten).

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
And don't forget that the POV is always the golden POV, where the winner can remove him/herself from being nominated. :emoji_thumbsup:
That was one of the classic moments last year, when Marc. thought he was safe, and didn't remove himself, then got booted :D

Chris

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sigh...I dunno. After reading the live feeds for a few days, and seeing the 3 hours on CBS, I can't say that I'm at all enthused about this season as much anymore.

I think some of it has to do with the "baggage-enhanced" rancor that the producers inflicted with the eX-Factor this season. The game has fundamentally been changed at its root (the idea that you put a bunch of stranger into a house for the summer, and then let them find the most sociological/psychological way to outmaneuver all the others in the house). Now, almost everyone knows all of the ex's business and vice-versa. Having someone provide the others with "da scoop" or the "411 drop" on you undermines the game in such a way that it becomes a baggage-laden moanfest of epic proportions.

Sure, you get to squeeze some compassion pity footage when a nominated person has their ex say that they didn't want THEIR own ex out so early, or some stupid protective response mode overcomes the more disturbing houseguests like Scott (over Amanda's nomination).

Will part of the the original Elite 8 really swap out ex's for those that they like to create another sub-alliance? At this point, I'm not sure I going to care one way or another.

I doubt any alliance that large can last, not only the personality challenges ("shady" seems to be the key word, though those using are just as "shady" so go figure.), but the HoH and the PoV competitions.

But at this point, I would like to see Jun/Allison/Nathan gone soon from the game. I'm already tired of them, and it's only been a week.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I figure Jee will be the first to go. Doubt anyone will care for him and Jun has a little pull in the House so far (she cooks!).

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Dana is the "bug-eyed" bastard right?

She is very annoying but she'll be there awhile.

Jee looks doomed to me.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Some spoilers from the live feeds, if I read things correctly.

This year the power of veto holder can pick the replacement nominee.

Also, supposedly on Saturday Scott flipped out big time and was throwing chairs and basically going psycho.

So don't give up on it yet Patrick ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks