What's new

The ongoing "Big Brother 4" thread (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Then you must not have children. Of course they knew the situation going in, but still after 68 days a normal person would begin to miss their families.
You would be incorrect. And were I separated, I would miss mine. But I’d hope not to whine about it, as though it were a revelation and it never occurred to me that was a consequence of being in the house (or on the island, or whatever).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> he seems to excel at nothing but picking his nose.

His salsa dancing looked pretty decent.

> According to the show on Bravo this week, all reality shows are rigged, and all contestants are molded into a "character".

Are you watching the same series I am? It didn't say the shows were rigged (in terms of determining who wins). The character thing is in the casting/editing. The closest the show got to saying anything was rigged was that one Survivor cast member who claimed she was encouraged to vote a certain way one time, which was denied by the rest of her cast. That's a far cry from the show being rigged, let alone all shows.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Apparently all the contestants thought the last veto was rigged for Ali and when the complained that it wasn't restarted they shut off all the feeds.

They actually tape most of the stuff on TV, if you see the internet feeds they did something like 30 takes on just saying what they won in that ball room competition.

Update: Right now they're all complaining that they're being tortured by a Mime.
They definitely deserve it. :D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Well reports on the Clubhouse forum are that Jun destroyed Robert in the second round of the HOH competition. Meaning it comes down to either Jun or Ali winning the final HOH. In any case it seems Robert is a goner as both girls really want him out.

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And this season of BB is limping to the finish. While I admire Allison's focus and determination, she's just so unlikable most of the times.

Poor Jun, having to deal with the mime from hell while the other 2 watched Runaway Jury (ironic movie title given their situation, of course).

Having the mime make fun of Robert's nose-picking habit was probably the highlight of the show last night.

I can't see Robert getting picked to go to the finals by either Jun or Allison.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Isn't it funny how most of these reality shows build up to the conclusions and Big Brother gets progressively less interesting? That's certainly how it seems to me this year, although in previous years my viewing has dropped as it gets closer to the end.

At this point I hope Jun wins. She seems to have a sense of humor about it all, something Alison lacks in a major way.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I can't see Robert getting picked to go to the finals by either Jun or Allison.
On the other hand, perhaps each might think that their best chance to win from the jury would be to go against Robert. I think that Jun would win in an Allison/Jun match. Or in a Jun/Robert match.

While both Jun and Ali have played both sides, Jun has done it with a lot more humor.

FWIW, I could not convince my wife of this last night.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The Mime was the best part of last night's show. I loved how he tormented all 3 people in the house! :D

Robert has to be the biggest idiot in the world. Why would he come right out and tell Ali and Jun that he called them "bitches, sluts and whores"?

I don't like any of the 3 that are left. At this point I'm hoping that Ali wins because I think she's played the game the best.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The mime may have been the best part of BB this year, I don't think I've ever had so much fun watching BB as I did for that portion last night, I'm still laughing about it right now.

What a coincidence that CBS ran the trailer for "The Runaway Jury" right after Alison and Robert finished watching it and singing its praises (it does look pretty good though).

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
It's kind of ironic that the person Ali (for sure) and Jun can't stand is very possibly the person who will cast the deciding vote.It'll kill Robert to vote for anyone other than himself.The vote of the ousted houseguest tonight has been the (silent) 800 lb gorilla in the house this past week. Owen

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If anyone wants to hear Jun and Allison go off (in each other's presence) about how mad they are at Robert, and they go for almost 30 minutes ripping him to shreds (and they include his daughter in this tirade from time to time), click here. (Caution - they do cuss up a storm, so you have been warned) This was not their finest half hour in the BB house.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Photogenic memory"? Haha!

Allison should have put "2 million days" to put Jun in the HoH hotseat. :)

Well, both girls are pretty petty and despicable. We finally get a season where the ugliness and smugness of those who think they are smarter than the rest are on display. Sure, Allison and Jun are the floaters that made it work for them, and they won, but they won ugly.

Robert was in Lisa's (last year's winner) position going into the final HoH competition. Robert pretty much has 4 votes locked up if he were in the final 2 (and Lisa had an easy majority due to the make-up of the jury as well), but Robert to too weak mentally/physically to outlast Allison, so he forfeited his chance to move further in the game. Lisa was determined to win on her own by outlasting Danielle and Jason, and that was what got her in position to oust Jason and bring Danielle to the final two. Had Robert found a way to win the final HoH, I think he would have won over either girl he picked.

Will (season 2) won because he was smart enough to cajole and drag Nicole to the final 2 with make-shift therapy session because Nicole was close to having a mental breakdown inside the house. Nicole was convinced by Will that he was more beatable than Monica, so that's why she took Will to the final 2, but Will had it in the bag due to who was in the jury at that point as well.

At this point, I think Jun will beat Allison in the final jury vote simply because Allison overtly screwed over more of the jury member, while Jun shrewdly let others do the dirty work for her as she cooked and cleaned her way to half a million dollars.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As Robert has departed let us remember his comment as to why he wanted to win the last reward challenge. Something like, ‘John Grisham is my favorite—I’ve read every one of his books and seen all of his movies.’ :laugh: He may well have seen all the movies, but there is no chance that he has ever read a book longer than 25 pages. ;)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Wonder how long Robert got to spend with his daughter last night. I can picture him saying, "Screw this, I'm taking her home." & getting stopped by the CBS goons. :D

Here's an election that really needs None of the Above as an option. I'd vote for any random guest over these two.

And why throw the final HOH competition? There wouldn't seem to be any responsibility for them the last week. Why do they even need an HOH now?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
"Photogenic memory"? Haha!
I couldn't stop laughing after Jun said that! :D

Jun and Allison are both very easy to hate. I don't think that there's a single thing about either one of them that I like. Thank God that we don't have to see Junzilla in her bikini any more.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I was a fan of Jack and Dave as well Patrick. It occurred to me as I followed (thanks for the link) Jun and Ali dissing Robert, that it would be interesting to see BB or Survivor change their contestant mix to be mostly in their 40s, a few in their 50s, and one each in their 30s and 20s.

Jack clearly had no chance to stay long-term with the younger contestants and last year the school teacher was out-of-sync with the younger players. To me the older players don’t do so well adapating to the younger players. It would be interesting to see the younger ones try to adapt.

Of course there is not way for this to happen as the target audience would just be alienated, plus the 20-year old eye candy would be eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks