What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone else here think that Sooty is one spoiled feline? :)It's always wise to keep in mind that dogs have owners, while cats have staff.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Johnny Angell said:
Anyone else here think that Sooty is one spoiled feline? :)It's always wise to keep in mind that dogs have owners, while cats have staff.
They are with us for such a short time, it's worth spoiling them. Yeah, the thing about cats is they always do their own thing, i have often tried calling my cat over, she just sits and looks at me, she only comes willingly if she is after something, clever cat.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
FoxyMulder said:
They are with us for such a short time, it's worth spoiling them. Yeah, the thing about cats is they always do their own thing, i have often tried calling my cat over, she just sits and looks at me, she only comes willingly if she is after something, clever cat.
I agree that cats choose when they want affection. I have discovered though, that the more you give them affection, the more they will choose to repay that affection. I think a lot of the people who think cats aren't affectionate, start off thinking the cat will just automatically give them love. Cats will give you love, when you deserve it.

As someone who has fostered several litters and moms from the day the kittens were born, or shortly thereafter, you will get super loving cats when you shower those kittens with love from the day they are born. I only did that when it was ok with Mama, but I never had one mom object.

One of those kittens is one of our family now and I used to hold him and his siblings in my arms when they were kittens. Now he comes to me to be held the same way. He fills my arms up more than he did as a kitten. Truckee is his name.

We had two siblings year ago and one was shy and stayed in other rooms. I started to make it a point to pet him several times a day. After two weeks he was out with everyone else wanting loving.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Johnny Angell said:
I agree that cats choose when they want affection. I have discovered though, that the more you give them affection, the more they will choose to repay that affection. I think a lot of the people who think cats aren't affectionate, start off thinking the cat will just automatically give them love. Cats will give you love, when you deserve it.
This. A thousand times, this.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How did I miss this whole thread about kitties for all this time??? :eek:

I spent the past hour reading all 21 pages. Many happy stories and pictures and a few sad ones (sorry for your loses). So without further delay, here are my kitties.

This is Rocco. Rocco is about 16 years old - we have had him since 1998. He was my sister-in-law's cat and I'm not 100% sure how long she had him.

2014-07-14 20.39.34.jpg

This is Spookie. He is a Ragdoll that we had since 2002.

20140507_220402.jpg

And this is what happens when I want to watch a movie. :D

2014-09-05 18.45.27.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
This. A thousand times, this.
My Siamese Olivia is a major loner. But if I let my dog outside, it's like she's on high alert and always knows when it's her turn. She comes running to me, jumps in my lap or on my chest, thoroughly enjoying her private time with me. She also loves to lick my hair, which is really weird but I let her do it.

Let the dog back in and she'll disappear for days, she's strictly an indoor cat, but very good at hiding. Once in a while, the dog may be sleeping next to me in bed and the cat realizes it's safe, so she'll cuddle up next to me and sleep. My dog has never hurt her, but she just prefers to have me to herself.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
David Willow said:
How did I miss this whole thread about kitties for all this time??? :eek:

I spent the past hour reading all 21 pages. Many happy stories and pictures and a few sad ones (sorry for your loses). So without further delay, here are my kitties.

This is Rocco. Rocco is about 16 years old - we have had him since 1998. He was my sister-in-law's cat and I'm not 100% sure how long she had him.

attachicon.gif
2014-07-14 20.39.34.jpg

This is Spookie. He is a Ragdoll that we had since 2002.

attachicon.gif
20140507_220402.jpg

And this is what happens when I want to watch a movie. :D

attachicon.gif
2014-09-05 18.45.27.jpg
Well, you put in comfortable seats and have cats. You obviously meant it for the cats. At least it's obvious to them. :)

Rag dolls are called that because they go Iimp when held. Does that really happen?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Johnny Angell said:
Well, you put in comfortable seats and have cats. You obviously meant it for the cats. At least it's obvious to them. :)Rag dolls are called that because they go Iimp when held. Does that really happen?
Yeah pretty much. Pick him up and he turns into a big ball of fur. He's not 100% pure bred so he probably doesn't have all the traits but he's pretty close.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
David, nice pair of cats I like the white one Rocco? I like the white coat fur and the darker colour on his head looks like he has hair piece. He's big cat how heavy is he? He looks to be 16ilbs? I guess with Spookie and Rocco on the seats you have to sit on the floor. lol They like there spot. :P

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
My Siamese Olivia is a major loner. But if I let my dog outside, it's like she's on high alert and always knows when it's her turn. She comes running to me, jumps in my lap or on my chest, thoroughly enjoying her private time with me. She also loves to lick my hair, which is really weird but I let her do it.

Let the dog back in and she'll disappear for days, she's strictly an indoor cat, but very good at hiding. Once in a while, the dog may be sleeping next to me in bed and the cat realizes it's safe, so she'll cuddle up next to me and sleep. My dog has never hurt her, but she just prefers to have me to herself.
I'm jealous. My SOoty won't jump onto my lap. He wants his own space. He's only jumped onto my lap once a few years ago during winter and wanted some warmth to snuggle down into my jumper.

He like yours is well house trained he won't wee on or crap on the floor or on the bed, But he would throw up on the bed if he doesn't jump down onto the floor where its ceramic tiled and cleans up easily.

He thew up yesterday after meowing for his food then repays me lol by throwing it all up twice on o the floor. Cat costs me in kitchen tissues. :P

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
andySu said:
David, nice pair of cats I like the white one Rocco? I like the white coat fur and the darker colour on his head looks like he has hair piece. He's big cat how heavy is he? He looks to be 16ilbs? I guess with Spookie and Rocco on the seats you have to sit on the floor. lol They like there spot. :P
I took another look at Rocco and to me it looks more like he's got a helmet on.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
andySu said:
He's about 15-16 pounds. He's not really fat - he is very solid. And yes, I sit where ever my cats allow me to sit. :D

andySu

Senior HTF Member
David Willow said:
He's about 15-16 pounds. He's not really fat - he is very solid. And yes, I sit where ever my cats allow me to sit. :D
Cats been in the family then. 16Ilb is heavy. Mine is 14Ilb.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
andySu said:
Cats been in the family then. 16Ilb is heavy. Mine is 14Ilb.
With the extra "l" in those weights I thought for a second it was 161 lb and 141 lb. Big cats!

I'll have to post a few pictures of my bloodthirsty creatures this week. I know they are secretly planning my demise so one never knows how long I have to share their identities with all of you. :blink: :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

andySu

Senior HTF Member
questrider said:
With the extra "l" in those weights I thought for a second it was 161 lb and 141 lb. Big cats!

I'll have to post a few pictures of my bloodthirsty creatures this week. I know they are secretly planning my demise so one never knows how long I have to share their identities with all of you. :blink: :)
:rolling-smiley: lmao big cats would have its owner for dinner. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks