Chris
A rare black tiger cub's reaction to The Red Wedding:
H7csngT.jpg
I was told that it was a reaction to "Two girls, one cup"

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Make kitties happy....plant catnip in your yard. CAUTION as with other plants in the mint family it will spread all over if you aren't careful.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
DaveF said:
I don't feed my cats people food...but when I buy a rotisserie chicken, I slip Dash little bits. That, unfortunately has made him very whiny when I buy a roasted chicken.
I am a firm believer in spoiling my cats. Such simple things delight them. Bits of chicken canned tuna, and gerbers baby food. The creamy kind with no lumps, chicken or turkey. They will lick the flesh off your finger for it. :)But mostly they eat a high quality dry food.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I've always fed my cats deli turkey as treats. Have you seen what cat treats cost? Might as well spoil them with the real stuff! Otherwise it's IAMS dry cat food for their daily kibble and a quarter can of Friskies for supper. Why not spoil them? What am I doing, ruining them for when they get out into the "real world" someday? :cool:

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Bushy pussy cat tail shots. :P

1004084_10151790967540149_1640597280_n.jpg

1002768_10151790978015149_666439907_n.jpg

Sooty, gets some delicious extra treats but I always feed him his boring regular meal that he enjoys, but a little bit of ham or chicken once in while. Even likes rice pudding.

549496_10151791013800149_1827174753_n.jpg

534870_10151791014010149_1423116970_n.jpg

1016818_10151791014800149_1059633749_n.jpg

45179_10151791014930149_376755735_n.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Dennis Nicholls said:
Make kitties happy....plant catnip in your yard. CAUTION as with other plants in the mint family it will spread all over if you aren't careful.
We found dried catnip had no effect on our cats and they ignore it. But fresher stuff gets their attention. I'm thinking of setting up a small herb garden; I suppose I could plant a little catnip for the felines.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Johnny Angell said:
I am a firm believer in spoiling my cats. Such simple things delight them. Bits of chicken canned tuna, and gerbers baby food. The creamy kind with no lumps, chicken or turkey. They will lick the flesh off your finger for it. :)But mostly they eat a high quality dry food.
My cats get wet food during the day, and dry food on timed feeder at night (and only dry food when we're on vacation).

I've seen how obnoxious dogs get when they're accustomed to being fed scraps and didn't want that. And I've read--and since seen-- how deviating from normal diet can make the cats sick, and didn't want that. So I try to keep them only on regular cat food. But Dash sometimes filches my coffee-cream cups from the sink and he always stalks the counters for buttery-grease to lick if I forgot to flip over the skillet after making grilled cheese. :)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG said:
Andysu - Sooty looks awesome!
Thank you, Christopher. He's my lovely tomcat. :) He's too sexy for his fur on the catwalk.

320382_10151221337830149_628111459_n.jpg

My close friends cat, Mongo, passed away this year :mellow: he was about 12 or 14? He went missing for over a week and then was later found in the garden. Too sad to say. It upset me for days. He was lovely tomcat always snuggled down my lap when I visited my friend.

73954_10151221339275149_1971790604_n.jpg

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Mongo! What a great name for a great cat!! RIP. I need to post some pix of my Zoe. She is the mom of Sam's 2 kitties posted elsewhere in this thread. She is a feline delight!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
What you gave him some kittens that's nice of you, Zoe seems like a nice name for a female cat.

Mine is in heat right now, He needs to use his litter. When a house cat runs around frantically they need to use the litter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
DaveF said:
We found dried catnip had no effect on our cats and they ignore it. But fresher stuff gets their attention. I'm thinking of setting up a small herb garden; I suppose I could plant a little catnip for the felines.
I remember one year my mother planted oregano in the garden. Her cats went nuts for the stuff, seemingly even more so than catnip.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
andySu said:
What you gave him some kittens that's nice of you, Zoe seems like a nice name for a female cat. Mine is in heat right now, He needs to use his litter. When a house cat runs around frantically they need to use the litter.
Andy, what the cat really needs is to be neutered. Or if a cat urinates little dribbles in multiple spots, it could also be urinary tract infection.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
Andy, what the cat really needs is to be neutered. Or if a cat urinates little dribbles in multiple spots, it could also be urinary tract infection.
I thought male cats were always "in the mood". Females do have "cycles" but they're essentially receptive to breeding almost year-round.

Please neuter/spay all your cats & dogs.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
The issue is under-control now from visits to the vet. Its the diet. If he stays off biscuits he won't have any troubles. He's on wet food or other foods that have a wetness to it. If he's on biscuits for more than a few days they'll be troubles.

He's been neutered and I feel bad about that. I prefer him with his big hairy fury cat balls. How you like it if your wife wanted your balls cut off? :P (No pun, I'm just stating a point with that) Its the same with having a cats claws cut off at the bone, :( his/her freedom and their ability to climb outside been taken away from them as well as defensive from other predators.

I trim his claws when they get long and pointed as I can't risk being scratched by him due to my skin condition. I only trimmed his front and back claws last week so takes about 4.5 weeks for next trimming.

If no one can't be asked to trim a cats claws each month and bit like you do with clipping your finger/toenails.

Thanks anyway. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks