What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (1 Viewer)

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
Steve Christou
And don't forget another longer version of Scott's Kingdom of Heaven coming up.
I think Ridley Scott is the frontrunner when it comes to directors releasing multi-versions of their movie output, lets see: Alien, Blade Runner, Legend, Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and Kingdom of Heaven, 6 films!
James Cameron is lagging behind with just three extended editions/directors cuts. :)
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a longer True Lies cut waiting to be released... Cameron's always had quite some material cut from all of his movies since Aliens.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
BRCE_01_small.jpg

BRCE_02_small.jpg

BRCE_03_small.jpg

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Nils, scrap disc 3 as you list it and revise it with Ridley's true, desired director's cut (the one that was well on its way to seeing the light of day a couple of years ago before legal snafus snafued everything, as opposed to the 1992 rush job) and we've got a winner!

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
To add some more insult to injury, The Digital Bits is reporting in their Rumor Mill that Paramount is working on a SE of Black Rain.
That means that an SE of G.I. Jane, Matchstick Men, White Squall, Someone to Watch Over Me, 1492 and The Duellists will be released before we see a true SE of Blade Runner.:rolleyes

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wouldn't be surprised if there was a longer True Lies cut waiting to be released... Cameron's always had quite some material cut from all of his movies since Aliens.
Haven't they been working on a new release of True Lies since about the day after the original disc came out?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Ironic,
the master that was responsible for what was regarded as one of *the* reference-laserdiscs is the same master responsible for one of the lamest-looking DVDs!
My how times do change...
:D

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Matchstick Men and The Duellists have pretty good, albeit single-disc, editions out. But yes, G.I. Jane, White Squall, Someone to Watch Over Me, 1492 - all need better editions, and with Ridley revisiting his back catalog, this seems like it might happen, especially with news of a Black Rain reissue. Out of all of them, 1492 needs the most care and attention.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Ya, 1492 isn't out on DVD in the US. I haven't seen the film but I love the soundtrack.

Release Blade Runner already. Please.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
1492 isn't out on DVD in the US.
the film aired a few months back on hdnet and it was the butchered pg-13 cut. the quality was pretty good but it was nonetheless :angry:
i hope that someday the film will receive a special edition with the international cut in u.s.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Enrico, I've never heard of an international cut of 1492, before. I own a region 3 disc (crummy but serviceable) but it's the same cut I've seen on VHS in the States. Could you explain? Is it much longer, or is it the same cut with more violence?
I just watched the DVD of Tristan + Isolde and I badly need some real Ridley Scott epics to wash down the taste of that mediocre wannabe.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
well, this must be a bootleg.
WARNERS! boots of BR are being making the scene.
Quick-at least put out a 2 disc remastered DC before this gets out of hand...

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
You know what? I hate this thread. Admin should just delete it. There is no news. There will not be any news. And we all know it. We should throw in the towel and just not even expect, ever, to get BLADE RUNNER on DVD in any acceptable form, period. 720 posts, 78,000 views, and we're no closer to any answers. If that's not the definition of hopeless, I don't know what is.
Oh, wait, maybe I do. Let's see... Ridley Scott. Genius? Maybe. But only for two visionary films, right? ALIEN and BLADE RUNNER. Two masterpieces. (And hey, that's two more masterpieces than most of us ever have.) Two masterpieces, maybe a couple of lesser visionary works (which might be masterpieces on a lesser scale, LEGEND, maybe, THELMA & LOUISE if your girlfriend insists, and 1492, to which we will return in a moment). And a lot of CRAP. SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME. G.I.JANE. GLADIATOR. HANNIBAL [gag!]. BLACKHAWK DOWN [bad? yep - read the book!]. These movies are total garbage. And yet, we get no less than three DVD editions, many with multiple discs, of many of these stinkers. Super Editions. Super Duper Editions. Super Duper Pooper Collector's Editions. Of GLADIATOR? HANNIBAL? Ridley Scott should be booted out of Hollywood for making this crap after making something like BLADE RUNNER. And yet, we'll never, ever see BLADE RUNNER on DVD in any sort of special edition anything. Funny, huh?
And now we're talking about 1492. Not a "great masterpiece," but certainly a better film than G.I. JANE or BLACKHAWK DOWN. Heck, it's worthy of a barebones non-special edition flipper release on DVD isn't it? Especially since we got three multi-disc versions of HANNIBAL, a movie that is not even worth its celluloid. So, why are the studios throwing crap down our gullets and skipping over this one, not-so-bad movie? It's HOPELESS.
This thread depresses me.
:angry:
MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks