What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Yikes. I just visited brmovie.com and saw that the last post before the news from the Bits is from March of 2004. Almost 2 full years between posts about a Blade Runner SE! :eek:

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
As excited as i am about this potential DVD release...

I'll be waiting to pick this up in full 1080P on Blu-ray.

I remember seeing the director's cut in the theater and those incredible images on the screen via 35mm. I want to get as close to that again as I can. I hope that if/when this hits home-video again, that the WB crew get the right secured for DVD and HD media and showcase this title on BD before too long!!!

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno. Sounds like it'll be 2 disc edition they were talking about last year or so with the DC. The 3 movie version would be too much of a stretch and a complete 180 from that producer-guy's-what's-his-name position.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I believe there is a Warner Brothers chat coming up here at HTF, so that would be a good time to ask not only about BR but Forbidden Planet as well.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I really hope this is at least a two-version set with both theatrical and Director's Cut versions. I wouldn't really mind even if Sir Ridley didn't go back and revisit his director's cut, it's fine. What always annoys me is that managed to get a cheap VHS copy of the theatrical cut years ago, loaned it to someone and I never got it back. Sigh...

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I believe there is a Warner Brothers chat coming up here at HTF, so that would be a good time to ask not only about BR but Forbidden Planet as well.
The recent Warner's catalog announcement, discussed here, indicated that a Forbidden Planet SE was definitely planned for '06.
The only question left is . . . WHEN, FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHEN?!! :D

Curt_B

Agent
This is IMHO mandatory: a 5-disc BR box set at least.

1. 1982 Theatrical /International cuts +extras

2. Work Print(s)trims + extras

3 1992 'Directors Cut' + extras

4. Ridleys new cut + extras

5 Misc extras

and a cool booklet ala' The new HITCHCOCK box.

all in a deluxe case.

Id have no qualms paying $75 for such a set

(edit: I lowered the price for ya-dont want WB to get TOO big-headed on this)

Dave GR

Stunt Coordinator
mandatory: 5-disc BR box set at least.
1. 1982 Theartical /International cuts +extras
2. Work Print + extras
3 'Directors Cut' 1992 + extras
4. Ridleys new cut + extras
5 Misc
and a cool booklet ala' The new HITCHCOCK box.
Id have no qualms paying $100 for such a set
Normally I'd find that a bit excessive, but since this is nigh-on my favourite film ever, I'd go for that. Except the price.:D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Being realistic if they can bring out a 14-disc set for Superman which consists of one great movie and sequels of varying quality than I think Blade Runner deserves at least 3 discs , one for the remastered 1982 theatrical (and best version IMO), another for the director's cut and the third for assorted extras.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
I'll be waiting to pick this up in full 1080P on Blu-ray.
I remember seeing the director's cut in the theater and those incredible images on the screen via 35mm.
hdnet movies showed the film a few months back in hd and it looked pretty good :D

Tiago_J

Stunt Coordinator
As crazy as this might sound, I've never watched the DC. I do have the TC on tape though. It's the only one they've ever shown around here.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
My Dream BR SE would include

Disc 1: Theatrical version

Disc 2: 1992 version

Disc 3: A new director's cut

Disc 4: Extras

+ a paperback copy of "Future Noir"

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
That doesn't sound so crazy. I've never seen any version of this film. I've been waiting on a proper DVD release.
Now THAT's crazy!! I don't understand how anyone can deny themselves such a landmark film just because a DVD isn't up to par. Even if the DVD was up to par there's still going to be HD - DVD and a next format after that, and another one after that.

AlexCremers

Second Unit

I dig that! Give yourself a treat and wait for a HD release. It's going to worth it. Blade Runner is a visual experience and therefore the conditions must be optimal. The present release does more harm than good.

Alex

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I understand, mark. I hadn't watched my copy in years and I popped it in recently and it looked REAL bad on my FP. Blown up to 92" even with the excellent Oppo player, it looked like hell so I turned it off.

Waiting as well....

We have Comcast with HD but our 2 HD channels zoom and crop to fill the screen! ARGH!

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
1. 1982 Theartical /International cuts +extras

...3 'Directors Cut' 1992 + extras
The 1982 Theatrical Cut, 1982 International Cut, and 1992 Director's Cut are so similar that there's no reason not to include them on ONE dual-layer disc via seamless-branching. I believe they all only have 2.0 soundtracks, and the difference between them footage-wise is minimal. It should be easy to have all three of them on one disc.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks