What's new

The Office season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Watched it last night. He definitely loved it. He was getting misty in the interview!

BTW, Carell is leaving early: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hY9yVVRlVxM1GUnnROOtQdtW8K6A?docId=d28fc69fc9ff4a2b9fdef30614aaf297

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Cameron, personally I don't mind so much with this being a comedy show, but you might want to spoilerize that bit of information.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I'm trying to figure out if Jim only appearing in the pre-credits sketch last night was about keeping budget down or (and more likely) giving others room to grow. Regardless, as much as I like the cast, a Michael-less office is sure to suck epic donkey-balls.

("...Right back at you, BITCH!!")

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Laughed a lot more during last night's ep than I have in a while. I'll miss Michael.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The scene with Kevin and the broccoli was intensely funny. He looked like a turtle. I don't know - maybe I've embraced the zany screwball cartoon this show has become, but this season has had some scenes that are so bizarre they become kind of brilliant.

They've been selling the Holly / AJ relationship too well. Does anyone really think she'd be better off with Michael, even with their rapport? (I'm with Erin on this one.) I'm finding myself much more invested in (for example) Daryl's exploration of a Kindle-style book. Anyone think this will tie in with changes to Dunder-Mifflin? I think they're absolutely setting him up to play a big part in the company's future.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
True. And let's be honest, there's no way the infamous NBC promos department would have been able to resist advertising that kind of stunt casting.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I actually knew of the one thing but not this one.

Also, the spoiler tag only partly obscured the link, so I was able to read it anyway. No biggie -- like Adam said, it would have been all over the news and promos as the air date drew near.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Could be fun, but this seems to signal that the producers still have no idea what they're going to do once Michael is gone. Are they going to rotate out a bunch of "guest-bosses" like Ebert & Roeper did while Ebert was in the hospital?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I could watch an entire half hour of Kevin spitting out vegetables. Well, maybe not for an entire season, but that's some good filler right there.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
More Kevin hilarity this week. He's kind of been stealing the show lately with his physical comedy, although he's not really part of the main plots. Maybe that's part of the reason why.

I missed the first few seconds of the Big Cameo this week since the intro aired so suddenly. It really was "blink-and-you'll-miss-it". I'll need to watch that again... it was kind of rapid-fire.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If the post-Steve Carell "Office" fails to shine, they should make a spin-off with nothing but Kevin's antics in the office conference room.

When the pump-up-the-crowd music with the very extended intro started, I chuckled. When Kevin ran in circles over and over again high-fiving everybody while eating a sandwich, I was laughing out loud.

Purple Kevin delivering his speech while gasping for air, collapsing to the ground, and vomiting into the waste paper bin periodically had me gasping.

The only thing that came close to getting that kind of laugh out of me was Creed's description of the Loch Ness Monster.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Kevin walking into the seminar to inappropriate music is a direct lift from an episode of the British show, if I remember correctly. David Brent did the very same thing when he was asked to speak at a seminar.

With the exception of Creed's "Loch Ness Monster" speech, this was the weakest episode in a long while. I wish this show would stop force-feeding me Andy as the next lead.

Props to Gabe for being a Suspiria fan, though.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Loved the Gervais cameo and I just wish it wasn't so short. There was absolute gold to be mined there with an entire episode of Gervais and Carell playing off each other. Too bad they didn't make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks