What's new

The Office season 5 (1 Viewer)

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
For everyone's info, my local digital station carried the show in widescreen.

This last episode made me laugh out loud - Michael's "auction voice" was so ridiculous, but he was so earnest in its execution. I also liked Roy's appearance... maybe because I associate him with some pretty classic episodes. He seems to be the same ol' Roy...

Dwight is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters... I think the attempts to humanize him have been pretty successful. Although Rainn Wilson has been accused of one-note performances, I think he's stretching that one note for all it's worth lately.

It's nice to see Michael in such a sweet relationship, but after the last line of the episode, it's probably going to end badly.

So far, this season is going pretty well. I just wish they'd lay off all the romances... it's getting pretty cluttered.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The most telling line for me was: Michael's "I'm not strong enough! I'll end up going back to Jan! And I hate Jan!"

Everybody was suprised that Amy Ryan wanted to work on "The Office" after her standout work on the critical hit and dramatic epic "The Wire", but she's honestly the best new character the show's had, I feel. I thought she nailed the breakdown when "Life is a Highway" came on the second or third time.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Isn't she literally the only new character that the show has had? I'm probably misremembering but it feels like everyone else has been there from the beginning.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

Amy Ryan's also really shown her strong acting ability, IMO, through this. Holly seems like the perfect match for Michael in his goofiness and Amy pulls it off so well. I haven't watched The Wire so the only other thing I saw her in was Gone, Baby, Gone in which I think she stole the show. That the same actress could make my wife and I think that she was just being natural instead of acting when playing that trailer trash character and the Holly character really shows her abilities.

It is definitely sad that her episode arc on the Office is coming to an end.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

She was a good character (piss poor HR rep though). However, I would love to see Toby return to Scranton. Michael and Toby's interactions are usually great. Does anyone know what the deal with the actor who plays him is. Was his character written out because he was leaving the show?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
He's a writer for the show so he never actually left, just moved behind the camera. My guess is that he left to make room for Amy Ryan's character. I would be surprised to see him back soon.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
It's true that Lieberstein, who was always primarily a writer, is still on the show. (as a writer)

There isn't an office spin-off anymore, that eventually turned into Amy Poehler's new sit-com.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If you watch the deleted scenes at NBC.com you'll notice they've tried to work in a couple voice cameos from Toby...

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone catch what had to be the inspiration for Ryan's costume? It had to be intentional. Everything is right; colors, patterns, and even the type and placement of the tie tack. Even the coffee mug! As soon as I saw Ryan I said "He's Bill Lumbergh!!" to my wife.

53001d1192652682-halloween-costume-ideas-bill-lumbergh-1_full.jpg

WillG

Senior HTF Member

He was supposed to be Gordon Gekko. He told Kelly that. Gekko is a better fit for Ryan.

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator

I know, but there is an uncanny resemblance to Lumbergh down to the colors, patterns and coffee mug. Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was the weakest episode of the season so far. The only part I really enjoyed was the opening with all the Halloween costumes(and yes, Creed's Joker was awesome).

Pam: "If I take the hat off, then I'm Hitler". :laugh:

Louis C

Supporting Actor

Agreed. Dwight trying to be Jim (tweaking Andy about Cornell) was out of character for him, and the scene with Michael and Daryl "singing the blues" at the end made me cringe.

I admit I did chuckle with the Andy bit about "Bernard Beet Farms" and Dwight's Joker with glasses on.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i liked the episode. Daryl calling whoever on the cel when Michael was pleading to Holly was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks