What's new

The Odd Couple Season One? Time-Life Exclusive? (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
The review on the DVD Active site mentions out of synch being prevalent during outdoor shots which were looped. It would then appear than these are inherent in the original films and not a fault of the transfer.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
No, I'm not talking about the outdoor shots. I'm well aware of the nature of them, with the looping and so forth. I was referring specifically to moments indoors. This isn't something I just imagined, as it only occurred a few times and then disappeared (meaning this isn't some type of flaw I possess that I perceive all the time, or which sticks with me throughout the entire run of the show). As I said before, my friend watched with me and during these moments I pointed them out to him and he didn't spot it. I tend to be more in tune with that sort of thing and it's obviously not a big enough issue for everyone to pick up on or worry about.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Got my set and I'm having a ball rewatching this show after all these years. I'm so glad this is finally on DVD. Now bring on seasons 2-5.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Is there anyway of skipping those intros and just playing the episodes? I'd rather have a marathon with each disc, but without any intro disturbing the flow of the show.

Mike*SC

Second Unit
Marshall's intros are useless, yes, but they're also very brief and unobtrusive and easily skipped. I can't imagine anybody being too terribly bothered by them.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

I ordered my Odd Couple DVD today. What are the intros like? Does anything appear on the screen during the intros? I assume that there is no option for skipping the intros, even if you are only pplaying episodes individually?

Jack

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you can have the merciful option to skip over the intro for each episode, if you like. They basically just consist of a very brief audio throwaway remark from Marshall, heard over the starting menu for each episode. Nothing extravagant, and certainly nothing very informative.

"Okay, this episode is called (blank)"......

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Since Time Life is releasing a complete 5 season set of Get Smart all at once in November, I wonder why the same wasn't done for The Odd Couple? Have they at least mentioned when season 2 will be released?

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
I GOT MY ODD COUPLE DVD's!

Gotta say that the series looks absolutely beautiful on these transfers. Audio and video is outstanding and unlike many other DVD transfers, I can assure that the episodes are complete and uncut, taken from the original master tapes!!! You will be amazed at the picture/sound quality. (In "The Laudry Orgy" episode, you can HEAR Felix's cooked Romaki sizzling on the stove when he is talking to Oscar in the kitchen.)

The only problem that I ORIGINALLY had was I wasn't able to stop the DVD's from the special menu screen and was getting a "can't do" icon from the DVD Player. I had to be inside of an episode to stop them, and I did this by just selecting "Menu" and than stopping it. But as I was doing this in the dark last night, I watched another episode where I could see room light better and it worked fine. (Might of hit the wrong button.)

Anyway, do we know that DVD series producer Paul Browstein WILL be doing Seasons 2-5? This is a must! Based on Time Life's incredible sales generated from this disk, I would say it would be "Aristophanes" if they didn't! You can see the quality in these disks throughout. I am also happy that we have 4-single sided disks to help prevent scratching when handled. (I wish that all DVD companies would persue this option.)

Jack

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I forgot to mention that, for some reason, with the first disc (only) I wasn't able to stop the menu by hitting "stop". I had to just eject the disc to stop and remove it. Is this what you mean, Jack?

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

Right,

I just talked to other people and they have the same issue. If you wait for the theme music to stop, than you can hit the stop button normally. Otherwise, you have two choices:

1.) Hit the menu button when the music is on. An episode will be selected and than hit stop and it will stop. OR.

2.) Press "Open" or "Eject" on your remote to eject the disk.

3.) If there is no music playing in the background when in the main menu screen, than the stop button works normally.

Obviously, a little coding glitch by Time Life, but not really that big a deal considering the excellent quality of the disk.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks