What's new

The O.C. Season 4 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I've been watching the show since the beginning and for awhile there it was almost a chore to watch during the second and third seasons. I think The O.C. somehow has found itself once more and I'm actually enjoying watching again. Now if they'd just throw in some more ragging on Chino and Riverside humor... (I live near both cities and find those jokes quite amusing)

If Fox wants the ratings to improve they had better change the time that it airs. I don't think it has much of a chance up against two of the highest rated shows on TV. As it is now, I'm watching CSI and recording The O.C.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I must be missing something with Taylor Townsend. While she is much more tolerable than last season, she certainly doesn't add anything (other than eye candy when she's not actually talking).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
FOX announced today that the series finale will air on Feb. 22, with a new episode each week until then (beginning tomorrow).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Personally, I think it's a good time to end the series...and it is also good to hear that:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I started watching this late in Season 1 and has been a guilty pleasure ever since.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Did they ever finish up the storyline with the child that Ryan had with his ex-girlfriend?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly the baby was the other guy's kid, so Ryan and Theresa went their separate ways.

The theme of this week's episode seemed to be "Could it get any worse?" And then, with a ray of sunshine, it came all crashing down at the end. But they will rebuild, it's what we do.

Props to ice cream guy faking asthma for some CRP from Kaitlin.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't remember them saying the kid was Milo's. I'm pretty sure it was definitely Ryan's.

Last night's episode was a complete mess. I'm still puzzled by the whole Ryan/Seth trying to get to the hospital a mile away thing. Talk about a show just sputtering to the end.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I will be watching. I gave up during the season where the Jeri Ryan character was trying to con The Cohen's out of their money.
Boring.
The Evil dean was horrible too.
They got rid of all the good characters like Luke, Jimmy, Theresa and Anna.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For tonight's series finale, the final stanza gave me chills and a wry smile on my face. It was a nice wrap-up to the show. I liked how things worked out for the whole clan.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Ah; it's over. And nobody cares. How the mighty have fallen--I recall 3 years ago when the show was the hottest thing going. It's a shame because I personally don't believe the show ever suffered from any lack of quality; it was pretty even throughout the four seasons. I think what happened is that people caught on to its gimmicks and quirks rather quickly, got sick of them, made fun of them, and moved on. I think the fans were what really burned that show out so fast; the show was fine from beginning to end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Seasons 2 and 3 were uneven. They should have jettisoned the character of Marisa after season 2 (or earlier).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Seasons two and three were no where near as good as the first season. The show started out hip and didnt take itself too seriously. After the first season it was the same ol' tire cliches you see in every Soap.

I forgot to tape the finale. Wanted to see how it ended.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Well, I quite enjoyed season one, was disappointed with s2, loathed s3, and vowed not to watch s4.

And I didn't...even though everyone kept saying how it had returned to s1 quality. So I watched the finale and...it was shit.

No more teen dramas for me now. I'm getting too old and craggy. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks