What's new

The O.C. Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Great episode. I too enjoyed the yamaclaus and I "lol"ed when they said "Oy humbug".

Oh and
No No.....No No. It' is never outta out of style.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Pretty good episode. I would guess the spelling is closer to "yarmul-claus" since the Jewish cap is spelled "yarmulke". Let's check theocinsider.com -- they spell it "yarmuclaus", which also works. (A great stocking stuffer, only $15.95.)

Did anyone catch the end of the promo for the next block of all-new episodes? At the end, the promo voice mentions a "twist you won't see coming" or something like that, and then shows a small bit of what appears to be said twist. I'm confused, was I supposed to shut my eyes? :)

Don Black

Screenwriter
The yarmuclaus sold out before the episode even aired. Oy humbug indeed. Kinda cool that they let Kirsten have the last line there (instead of Seth) before the opening credits.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/6/05

*sniff* "You smell like Marissa! You're drunk!" Bwah-hahahaha! Summer brings the funny tonight.

Stealth Seth was hilarious. That roll over the car hood, priceless.

Entertaining episode.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
again, I am absolutely consumed by this phenomenon known as the O.C. Another great episode, but I don't understand why its imperative to hide Ryan's relationship from Kirsten. Ryan isn't related to them. Sandy knows about it and hes nonchalant about it.

There was a few great lines in this episode, I can only remember one off hand, its at the end when the cops brought Seth to the house after Calib's Aston Martin was reported stolen and Seth said to Sandy "How's the party going? I think someone called the cops" in an obvious whisper. I laughed hard at that one.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I have to say, it looks like they got their mojo back. The idiotic story lines continue, and once again Marissa is turning into the poster child for every afterschool special ever made. Now that she's turning lesbo, I can't really think of any other storyline they can put her into.
By the way, I think that Julie Cooper has by far the best lines in the show.
"Have you been drinking. Let me guess, Tequila?"
Priceless. Or maybe she was just downing some of that John that Seth enjoyed so much
Oh, and at what point will Seth get into a threesome with Alex and Marissa. Way to go, Cohen

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator

I don't think it is imperative. I think that Ryan feels like she is one of the family and that makes it weird for him.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
I dunno..

I'm kind getting sick of this show..

What was that, the 4th time Marissa does the "get drunk and out somebody at the big party" thing?

Why the hell can't Jimmy take her to Hawaii and do us all a favour?!

And this "band of the week" shit is really pissing me off!!! :angry:

Only Seth is keeping me watching..

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
that I undestand, but so wouldnt Kirsten, I can see this getting more stupid in the longrun, the longer he hides it from Kirsten, the more she will make her seem like family. Why doesnt Sandy just tell her? I mean, its no big deal, better get it out of the way now before it becomes really awkward. just my $0.02

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Good episode! What would the OC be without something going wrong at a party or somone causing a scene. So when are they going to commit Marissa anyway? She is just not stable.
And Seth, someone shut this boy up and take him down a notch. I liked him better when he was a quiet nerd.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/13/05

Aww... what a sweet wrapup, though a bit predictable, still nice and touching, especially when you contrast it with the Nickels.

I did notice they are really sexing up Lindsay, enjoyed the addition of the plunging neckline in her wardrobe nowadays.

Alex is a good seed with a tough gal exterior. Seth doesn't deserve her.

Seeing Summer so out of her depth, and then go into research mode shows some untapped potential.

Sandy sang pretty good for a lawyer.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I thought it was another solid episode. Yeah it was predictable, but it is a soap, what do you want?

Sometimes Seth and Ryan are so good together ("tagging" eachother out, the simultaneous shrug to Zach), but then onstage at the club it felt so forced and unnatural. Anyone else notice that?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it was intentional. It's one thing to be clever and funny in your normal surrounding, but doing it in front a roomful of people, it can be daunting.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
That 'arms locked, swinging in unision' moment had me lurching for the remote.. Yikes.. :rolleyes

Ditto for all Marrissa scenes.. Just DIE, already!

Where's a piano-on-high when you need one??!

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Just a reminder to anyone who watched the OC on Directv. They have an HD feed on channel 88 I believe. I didn't realize it until 3/4 the way done the episode. After the World Series, Fox HD was gone from the lineup, I didn't realize it came back, Im so used to watching Tivo in the bedroom, I hardly ever watch the HD anymore. The OC wasn't listed as being HD, but the picture was clearer, it was 5.1 and wide-screen. But now I know. Hopefully this info helps some of you out there that also didn't realize it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

I liked when Sandy called the boys into the kitchen and asked for an explanation, and Seth turned to Ryan and looked at him as if it was Ryan that Sandy was directly talking to. It was great.
Speaking of this, I have a question. The past few days Ive been trying to think of the Acting term they call it when the comedy comes from the body movements of the characters, its on the tip of my tongue but I just cant spit it out. Any ideas of the name?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Jean: Slapstick, maybe?

I dug this episode a lot, not the least because it was about everyone, not just the young folks. Plus, we're reminded that the Cohen family, while amusing, is no more perfect than any other family. It's too bad that they're making Alex much more likable, considering what comes next week.

And Lindsay? That outfit was pleasantly surprising. For a bit I thought she was wearing lingerie to school.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Ditto on Linday's outfit.

You can buy Sandy singing "Don't Give Up On Me" from the iTunes Music Store.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/20/05

Overall, a "let's bitch everyone out, and then apologize" episode.

I think it is funny how keeping up drinking with Marissa mean drinking a lot of booze. She's got her own drunk level, as in "You got marissa'd"

I so wanted to be that blanket at the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks