What's new

The O.C. Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
You said it! He just annoys the crap out of me now, to the point where I don't know if I want to keep watching.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/09/04

I found this episode pretty amusing with the 4 principal characters on their own little islands, but together begrudgingly.

Finally Alex has a decent hairdo going on, and she was smokin' hot. I envy the Sethmeister.

Now, given the redheadedness of Renee Wheeler, it was pretty much telegraphed that Lindsay would be the offspring of Renee and Caleb, so the final scene wasn't much of a surprise, but boy, did it just get complicated for Ryan in the blink of an eye.

I think The O.C. is back on track with this episode.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I agree. This episode finally brought back a lot of what we've been missing so far this season. Everyone looked hot (thanks to whoever kept the mega-rollers out of Alex's hair), there was all the soapy fun from last year, and we got the old Seth back. I hope they keep up the momentum, especially with the Chrismukkah episode coming up.

ETA: I almost forgot to mention the awesomeness that is Freudian Slippers! A poster over at TWOP found them here.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, that red-headed thing was very transparent. I didn't like that twist as much as others it seems, I know it is a soap but does everything have to be so mixed up. Hopefully they'll be able to make it work.

Still love the show though, and can't wait for the return of Christmukkah.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Getting a bit tired of all the high schoolers going back and fourth...I like you, I dont like you, I like you, I dont like... Is this going to go on all season?
Did enjoy the Jimmy/Julie sparks and loved the revelation at the end. Looks that Kristin is pretty pissed next week.

Enjoyed the Point Pleasant preview too.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Good episode!

Seth was on his game as usual, Ryan actually talked, Jimmy's not going anywhere from the look of things (which is good), Biker-chick got her hair under control..

It was all good..

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't see it before this week, but I saw it from the early part of this episode and was cringing, hoping they wouldn't go that way. I don't remember when exactly, but there was a cut from the mom to the daughter, and the red hair thing gave it away for me.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes, the red hair gave it away.

Caleb, you really shouldn't keep secrets. Your grandson might have hooked up with his aunt. Good thing Ryan is not related.

I really like Lindsay -- the hair, the glasses, the slippers, the smarts, the whole package. Alex's hair is better, but she still needs to do something about that giant butterfly tattoo. It's not quite clear why she's attracted to Seth, since kind of annoying. And no comments on the girl-on-girl action? A little racy for (what was it?) 8:10pm? We are so jaded.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Have two guys macking at 8:10pm on network TV and I would consider that racy. The girl-on-girl thing has been done enough to not be that racy anymore.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I agree. Girl on Girl action is so 1982.
My friend keeps thinking Seth is going to kiss Ryan with the way he acts around him all the time. He did go to pieces and left town himself when Ryan went back to Chino. Hmmm.

From TV guide...

The O.C.
Four Things:
1. Mischa gets to make out — again! — with my boy Nick. Life is truly not fair.
2. Ryan's talking too much. About his feelings. About class. About the SnO.C. dance. (Like he'd really want to go to that, right.) Remember when he was all outsider Chino guy who didn't emote and let his Eye Acting do the talking for him? Yeah, well, I think I liked him better then... back when he didn't sound like a Seth Cohen Part II.
3. Speaking of Seth, I still love him. He's the Duckie/Lloyd Dobler of the season. But that's OK.
4. Having Ryan's new love interest Lindsay be Caleb's illegitimate daughter and, by proxy, Kirsten's sister and Seth's aunt is a move of soapy brilliance. How will they carry that off?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think there was some hilarity to be mined if Seth and Lindsay had even a spark of chemistry last episode. Now that would have made next week's episode even more funny once Seth finds out Lindsay's his aunt in some strange familial accounting or sorts.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Reminder, tonight is the Christmukkah episode, which could become a wonderful holiday tradition (at least for me).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I lost it when Seth went into "Chrismukka Backlash" mode, and then capped it off with "Eastover". HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Love the Yama-Claus.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the Chrismukka 2004 episode very much, Seth was bringing the funny, and the core of the show: family, came shining through once again.

Can't wait for Seth to start introducing Lindsay as his aunt in school and social events. :D

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
don't forget, "Oy Humbug."

This show just keeps on rolling and I am enjoying the ride. The previews for the coming episodes look good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks