The O.C. Season 2 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It's baaaaackkk...

The second season of The O.C. moves to Thursday nights to take on Survivor and Joey in the 8 p.m. EST timeslot, starting tonight.

I can barely remember all the somber decisions that were made at the end of last season:

Seth goes sailing into the Pacific, looking to find himself.

Ryan goes back to be with Therese who appears to be carrying his child.

Julie and Caleb got hitched, Marissa is basically blackmailed into moving back with Julie and Caleb.

It almost felt like the producers hit the reset button given all that happened with Ryan's first appearance in the O.C. a year ago.

2. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I'm really looking forward to getting my OC. I kinda hope it trounces Joey which is beyond mediocre at best.

I just bought the DVD too so I could rewatch.

3. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I'm wondering what the new HDTV look of the show will be. I like the film-grain look, but if they overdo it, it'll bother me. I also just got the DVDs, I've been checking out some of my favorites to psych myself up. 4 more hours!

"Ryan, you've been playing the pirate game? That's a little bit minty."

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

CALIFORNIA! CALIFORNIA!
    HERE WE COME!!!!

Man I'm pumped. [​IMG]

5. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

Count me in the anticipating group as well. Good article on MSNBC about it being much more than your usual prime time soap.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6384348/

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Video-wise, the 720p HDTV broadcast was still a bit on the grainy side, but tons better than what was broadcast last season.

Wasn't crazy about how they got Ryan back to the O.C., because you know it'll come back during May sweeps when his kid is born. At least both Seth and Ryan are back.

Marissa letting it all out on her mom near the pool can't be an acting highlight by any stretch, but strangely entertaining nonetheless.

Summer's Sethisms were cracking me up. At least they are self-referential about their talking patterns at times.

7. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Great show and Luke was back!!!

Some great writing. Funny in parts and tragic in others. Very brutal brutal what they did to Theresa. That scene where she breaks the news to Ryan was heartbreaking. The actress who plays Theresa wonderful. Too bad they don't keep her around.
    I kep watching how Seth was reacting towards Ryan and thought that Seth must have some unresolved issues that he needs to deal with. You would have thought it was his lover that left town.

8. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

I was thrilled about the episode, but was very happy to have it back nonetheless. Yeah, there was some grain, but I liked the look of it; not everything should be like Discovery HD. The Marissa plot lines could use some work, my pity tank for her is near dry. Summer is getting right up there with Seth and Sandy as my favorite characters. They did a slick job of keeping Haley out of the scenes so they wouldn't have to pay to use her in this episode. It seems like the last two episodes (this and season finale) made 180 degree turns for the Cohen's, now they're right back where they were.

Like I said, not perfect, but great to have everyone back.

9. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

Was anyone else besides me hoping Luke would have said to Ryan "Welcome to Portland, Bitch!" when he arrived? It will be interesting to see what happens with the Cal investigation/charges storyline.

10. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

They made Cal a regulat too. I think he just used to be a guest star.

11. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky
    Hmm..

I thought they did a poor job of wrapping up the Ryan - Theresa situation..

She phones and says she's just lost their baby, perhaps THE most traumatic things that can happen to a woman, and he's like.. "Oh.... Ok.....", and proceeds to not even go and be with her, let alone say good-bye..

And he likes her enough to sleep with her, but now that she's "sabatoged" him he can barely be civil, with little pecks on the cheek?

Be a man and make some lemonade out of those lemons, dude..

You have a job that "pays well", a hot girlfriend/mother of-your-child who is supposed to be one of your best friends..

I dunno.. Very weak.. [​IMG]

12. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
  13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

11/11/04

It looks like the writers are cleaning house with the hookups for the early part of this season so far.

Please don't go Hailey!

Julie is one cold hearted lady.

Ryan's professional future will easily get integrated into the "family" business (making housing contruction plans) if Caleb can figure a way to get out of his jam, and if he can keep his business afloat as well.

Seth is destined for a geeky career. I almost roll off the couch when Seth finds out Zack is the one going out with Summer. Seth was crushed in so many ways at that moment of revelation.

Please, Marissa, stick with the yard boy (less face time would be a good by-product).

Summer continues to evolve into a watchable gal who isn't as dim as her speech pattern would initially indicate. More Summer, please.

14. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I agree. The Entire poor Marissa storyline has gotten even more old if possible. Its time for the storyline with her and ryan to move on at least for a big chunk of the season. However everything else is still working good. Hope they keep up the good threads with Ryan, Seth, Summer, Caleb and Cohens.

capt

15. Jean D

Jean D Screenwriter

I wonder which episode the first punch of the season will be thrown.
    I know this is gonna sound far fetched, but could Calib sell the business to Ryan before he looses it?

16. JamieJ

JamieJ Agent

17. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey

I am getting real tired of her too. They should have had her character go off to detox and had Theresa come on as a regular.

Like the new cast additions but am getting tired of Seth's wise cracks. Enough already.

18. LorenzoL

LorenzoL Second Unit

I'm tired of Misha Barton acting and couldn't care less about her character however, I'm getting more and more impressed with Rachel Bison portrayal of Summer and how hot she looks.

19. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky
    I betcha yard-boy's a cop of some sort, doing survailence on the house.. [​IMG]

20. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    Shirtless cops. Sounds like a Jerry Springer episode.
    We should all be so lucky to have cops that look like that watch us.