What's new

The O.C. - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It would also up their ad revenue. THe local affiliates get all the ad money for whatver syndicated show is on at 10pm now. This is Fox's opening.

Of course, that would increase competition in that slot and probably just drag everybody's revenue down.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
One thing bugged me about the latest episode. Why wasn't the girl Seth met at the ball last time in it, or at least mentioned? They seemed into eachother, had the same interests and so on, you'd think she would have been on his mind a little bit. Plot hole, goof-up, intentionally left out just hoping nobody will remember, or do you think she'll be in it again?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm betting she'll turn back up. They can't put everybody in every episode. It would be expensive, not to mention crowded.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Why wasn't the girl Seth met at the ball last time in it, or at least mentioned?
Because she was on a sailing excursion (to Costa Rica I believe). Don't you guys pay attention to the dialogue?

I'm wondering if Ryan's involvement in a shooting in the latest episode is enough to trigger California's "Three Strikes" law. :D I guess you have to be convicted of something first.

Brad

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I remember her saying she was going to sail to tahiti (since that's what Seth dreams about doing), but I didn't know she was leaving right away. I guess that's a convenient way of ditching the "Seth wants Summer" storyline while keeping him a lonely geek. :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am still liking the show and enjoy that they actually give the Adults something to do too although I disliked that on this weeks episode all the Woman had to do was gossip most of the episode.

My other urk is that there is a fight or something violent in every episode? Why?

I too am hoping the girl that is on the boat trip (name?) reappears. She was different than most of the other O.C girls and we need that.

I hope FOX does reconsider and move it to Tuesdays. I dont know if it would be a good lead in but it has to better than Thursday nights.
Isnt there something on Thrusdays on the WB as well that performs good. Gilmore Girls perhaps?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gilmore Girls in entrenched on the WB's Tuesday 8 p.m. slot. Some Rachel Leigh Cooke show is following GG in the 9 p.m. slot.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Possibly. Lets see, we've had had a fire, three fist fights and a shooting. Whats next...A Murder (cue music)

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Screw Summer, HOLLY IS FREAKING HOT!!!!!

BTW, Isnt it slightly unseemly that these actors are playing 16 year olds and yet are in bikinis and thongs every episode? Isnt it a slight nod to legalized pedophelia? I could appreciate a actress beauty just the same if she was wearing a hot but not so revealing outfit (OTHERWISE MAKE HER 18!)

Damn! Holly in the red bikini barbequing!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Got some internal struggle you want to tell us about, Tommy? ;)

I don't see a problem with 16-year olds wearing bikinis on the beach or by the pool. That's what they do. I see nothing that has to do with pedophilia in this show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
[raise eyebrow] towards Tommy's direction too... :)

90210 had similar bikini-clad gals in the early season when they were in high school too.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Man I'm going to miss this show. I really hope that FOX brings this one back. Last night's episode was excellent. Granpa Kaleb's girlfriend was (borrowing a line from Tommy) "FREAKING HOT!" :D Things like that never happened to me when I was 16.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ryan has that knack of being in the right/wrong spot at the right/wrong time. Can't see how he was supposed to say no to the possible stepgrandma. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks