What's new

The Nightmare Before Christmas - BD - Fall '08 (1 Viewer)

Roogs Benoit

Stunt Coordinator
Just because it wasn't shot in 3-D doesn't mean that Disney won't release it that way. It was released in theaters in 3-D even though it wasn't shot that way.

It may not be the best 3-D presentation but it's still 3-D.

We may not see 3-D on BD for a while, but I'm fairly sure that Disney is releasing Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus in 3-D on BD. That will be released after a while though.

But you may know better than I do about that.

I do think it will be 7.1 wheather it's 2-D or 3-D.

Roogs

Guido Bibra

Stunt Coordinator
There have actually been TWO different anamorphic DVDs in Region 2: the first release had a cropped 1.85:1-version, which was also used on the special-edition in the UK. But the German SE and some other releases in Europe use a completely new 1.66:1 anamorphic transfer which looks absolutely gorgeous. If this transfer (or a similar one) is going to be used for the Blu-Ray, we're in for a real treat!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

It looks like Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus will be released in 3-D on BD 8/19/2008. They mention 3-D glasses will be included so that means it will be in the anaglyph method which is the worst 3-D process.

Kelly Payne

Agent

Roland,
Do you know for certain that that they will be using the anaglyph method, or is this just a guess on your part? I would just as easily guess that they would include inexpensive polarized lens glasses, which produce a much more satisfying 3-D experience.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Polarized lens glasses are for movie theatres only. They do not work on video.

Roogs Benoit

Stunt Coordinator
Roland,

I didn't say it would be great 3-D, just 3-D. :)

I'm more interested in hearing the score in lossless format than wearing any colored glasses.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I for one would love to buy this! Here's what I'm hoping will be carried over to the BD:

Region 1 Special Edition DVD

Of course with the obvious use of 1080p via VC1 or MPEG4/AVC and full lossless audio on a BD-50. And with the obvious set of new extras for this release.;) Too bad I've never seen Tim Burton's Corpse Bride yet. No worries, I'll rent it soon.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Good to see this one coming out on BD soon. I never bothered to pick up the crappy, old DVD version.

_Man_

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I'm still hanging on to my LD box with h/cover book and Katzenberg footage in the documentary!

But I'll be in line for the BD!

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Ha ha, same here! My LD player isn't even connected to my system anymore. Do miss those great box sets, though!

stevenoll

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Noll

Why wouldn't they? It was projected digitally in the theater, so wouldn't it be basically the same as projected digitally at home? With a 1080p projector, resolution shouldn't be an issue. And both come from a digital source, not film.

I'm very curious about the Hanna Montana DVD from the 3D perspective. I can always watch the video with the sound off. :laugh:

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks