What's new

The new Transformers: Anybody else catch this waste of air-time? (1 Viewer)

John Chow

Second Unit
Can't say I disagree with any of the above opinions on Transformers Armada and He-man :frowning: On the other hand, Samurai Jack and Justice League are really starting to work for me.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
reading all the posts here, i just had to enter in this simpsons quote:
"Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked." - Homer Simpson, Team Homer
:)

Ryan Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Heh... well I'm amazed. It never occured to me that this thread for Transformers: Robots in Disguise would come back a year later for the next Transformers series. How's THAT for recycling a thread?
Anyway, I haven't seen this show yet, but after all these reviews, I really have no desire to dig around my TV guide to find it. I did pick up the first issue of the comic series, and I must say that was a waste of $5 CAN.
If I may quote (but slightly alter) a line from "Free Enterprise":
"I f**king hate the next generation of Transformers! Only original, only classic!"
Ryan

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The original "Car Robot" is a lot better than the dubbed and edited version, "Robots in Disguise". (Especially the music.) But still not as good as the original series.
I downloaded one of the Japanese Transformers episodes a while back. It had quite the 'Robotech' feel to it... similar sound effects and style of animation. Spike and Daniel were missing, not to mention that most of the Transformers themselves were new 4th and 5th generation characters. This didn't really feel like a true follow-up to Rebirth.
In Japan, they had the series The Headmasters instead of "The Rebirth". The origin of the Headmasters is different. E.g., there are no Nebulons. There are a lot of familiar characters in this series. (Even some that were killed in the movie. Also, the Battle Beasts are in a few episodes.) Later episodes of the series focus on the Headmaster characters, but Arcee, Daniel, and Wheelie are also on just about every episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks