What's new

The New David Cross (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
Anyone else looking forward to It's Not Funny?

I can't wait. I loved his HBO special, The Pride is Back, and thought Shut Up You Fucking Baby was good. I'm quite interested in his political take on the current situation.

Anyone picking it up?

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
i "had a chance to hear it" about a month ago. i really really like it. in fact, i will be purchasing it this weekend. by far the best parts is the bonus track where he relates a story about that dude from creed.

have you seen his DVD "let america laugh" i got it for my birthday and its really funny in a whole different way than his audio releases.

and its also good to see him in his limited role on arrested development as well. he makes the most of his character.

Ike

Screenwriter

Yeah. While I liked it, I didn't think it was as funny as the specials or Shut Up (or Mr. Show).

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I plan on buying it at lunch. I loved Shut Up and I liked the DVD (though I wish they could have had more of the actual stand up as bonus cuts). I wish his HBO specials would come out on DVD. I was at the one they shot at the Showbox in Seattle.

Ike

Screenwriter
I just got done listening to it. I have to say, I thought it was funnier (at least on first listen) than Shut You Fucking Baby. Surprisingly darker also. I like dark humour, though, so that suits me fine.

The bits seemed to be a bit more organized than on Shut Up. Jokes didn't seem to take as long to form; there seemed to be less stammering around in genuine political sentiments. Cross now makes a political point, gets his laugh, and then moves on. It's still in his ramshackle, conversational style which is good. He's really honing his craft. Favorite bits were the Friendly Fire bullet, the bit on Santorum, and the shot at Dennis Miller.

Very good. Definitely worth a buy at the price it's going for ($10). And there's a neat little surprise in the packaging. Fans of politcal comedy, or dark comedy, should pick it up.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I picked it up today and I've already listened to it. Even though it's only 1 disc (as opposed to the double-disc "Shut Up You Fucking Baby!") I think it's a better release overall.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I picked it up at Tower for $8.99 and it's worth twice the price. very funny! The insert from the NYPost is great too.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Thank you so much for posting this thread, I can't wait to pick up this album - and would have never know about it otherwise.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

OMIGOD! I just watched this over the weekend...the bit at the end with the bagel poster had me hysterical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks