What's new

The 'new' Canadian "is it safe it buy?" thread... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
With the shift in market direction this past year as noted in other threads, I'd like to use this topic for myself and our Canadian friends to get assurance on certain upcoming releases that might be of question.

Things to note regarding release specs:

1. - Box Sets - Are all films present and in the same context as their US counterpart releases; is there anything missing?

2. - Are all extras and additional features accounted for?

3. - Do the audio tracks mirror that of their US counterpart releases or have certain soundtracks been dropped in favor of additional alternate language tracks?

4. - Cover art and packaging - Do these releases offer original cover and box art, or have they been altered to reflect billingual market?

To start this off and citing all of the above, if anyone could -- I would really like to know about the following releases (all due out next week) and whether they are safe to purchase:

- Double Indemnity: Universal Legacy Series

- James Stewart: The Signature Collection

- Bogie & Bacall: The Signature Collection

Thanks!

mattEarl

Auditioning
And I quote the "White Angel" himself, Mr Laurence Olivier:

"Is it safe..........?"

"Is it safe......................?"

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Not surprising... :angry:

What's the story on the James Stewart Signature Collection?

I'd really like to pick it up and can't find any details on the Can. set...

(PS: Since the initial post Ive purchased the Bogart/Bacall and DI sets, and both are a-okay)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Blade Runner also :

Special Features

* Packaging is in English and French
* No special features listed

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I actually GREATLY APPRECIATE (at the very least) that WB is informing consumers about this. They obviously seem to recognize that there are people who dislike this, and this is VERY helpful to me. I'd rather know in advance and import instead of having to return packages and be frustrated and waste time/money. I greatly applaud WB for doing this...

NOW HOW'S ABOUT JUST ISSUING SEPERATE OR REVERSE PACKAGING TO BEGIN WITH (WB & FOX)?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks