What's new

The New Adventures Of Old Christine (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
this is one of the only current sitcoms I watch (I'm more into hour long series currently) but it's a funny show, gets good ratings, and it stars one of my favorite actresses who also just won an Emmy (Julia Louis-Dreyfus). Does anyone know if there are any chances we'll see this on DVD? I mean, How I Met Your Mother is coming soon and Old Christine gets better ratings than that. With the recent Emmy win, as well as Julia's built in Seinfeld following, (I suspect one reason we're seeing HIMYM so soon is because of Alyson Hannigan's built in Buffy following) any reason why season 1 hasn't been announced yet?

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
It has not been too long since it's premiere so I think it's just a matter of waiting for an announcement. They may even bundle seasons 1 & 2 together since season 1 was a midseason replacement, but we don't often see this with current series. You can say the same about Two & A Half Men, TV's highest rated sitcom as it has not been released on DVD in R1 yet. I am pretty certain it is coming soon though, and I believe it is either already out or announced in R2.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The only current sitcom I watch is My Name is Earl -- a well-produced action comedy. :cool:

I don't guy for the family sitcoms. Julia-Louis Dreyfus is indeed a beautiful woman and she isn't really "old" at 46. Forget about Elaine in Seinfeld...Julia was at her best during her 1980s years on Saturday Night Live (a show she finally came back to host in 2006).

No Season 2

This is a bit disappointing. I wasn't a big fan of Julia in Seinfeld, but I really enjoy this show. I hadn't gotten around to buying the first season, simply because my wish list is so large and I'm focusing mainly on music now.

After reading the linked post from TV Shows On DVD, I purchased the first season this morning. It's probably too little too late but you never know. Based on the low number of posts concerning this show I found while searching for this thread I'm guessing that it's not a favorite of a lot of folks here.

Is there anyone else that's been thinking about buying this set? Will this "announcement" (or gentle push from David) push you off the fence toward purchasing the set?

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the season 1 set since release date. Why is no-one else buying it? Luckily I have all the season 2 and 3 episodes acquired by "other means", as it's probably the only way I'll get to see them. I would still buy the DVD sets as soon as they were released, though.

Well, I received my set and did a marathon through the first disc. I really enjoy this show quite a bit. It's a real shame I'm probably not going to be able to purchase season 2 and beyond. Unlike a lot of first seasons, this show got right up to speed and made me laugh just as much as the episodes I'm catching on the air this year(on the rare weekday nights I have off).

It looks like maybe the studio/distributor might be making the right call here on not releasing season 2. There actually might not be a market for this show on dvd at all, based on the lack of feedback on this thread (just me and Alan). Oh well, I certainly do not regret buying season 1 as it has been enjoyable to catch the beginning of this great series.

Tommy_K

Auditioning
I'm more of a "reader" on this forum than a poster, but when I saw that the lack of replies to this thread was being interpreted as a lack of interest in this show, I had to speak up.

I ADORE this show. Was thrilled last night to have two brand new episodes, and cracked up through both of them (even suffered through the 2 and 1/2 men re-run in between!).

I also bought the season 1 DVD the day it came out, and I haven't accepted the idea that we won't have a season 2 DVD. I'm holding out hope that this excellently written and acted sit com will find its way onto my shelf.

Okay, back into the woodwork.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps, given that there are only to be 9 episodes in season 3, they are holding out to do a combined season 2 & 3 set, which would fit nicely as 31 episodes on 4 discs. Probably not, though.

So neither Old Christine nor Reba is apparently a success on DVD. Two relatively well-rated modern sitcoms with hugely popular female leads. This makes me wonder if anything outside of a few "elite" mainstream shows is likely to do anything on DVD these days. Things are hardly likely to improve when or if Blu-Ray becomes the norm, as I doubt sets will be any cheaper in this form.

Roll on the days when I can buy proper legal downloads in a form that I can play via whatever hardware/software I want. Amazon Unbox won't do as a) I can't buy them from the UK and b) they can only be played on one specific player.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
It's too bad there isn't so much interest in the show. I really like it and have watched it since day 1, but it doesn't make it to where I would buy it on DVD. I would recommend it to anyone, but I really only buy "classic" shows (ie they are not aired anymore.)

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I found out over at TV Shows on DVD that the order of Season 1 episodes are out of order. The glaring error is that Episode 9 ("Ritchie Has Two Mommies") should be Episode 2. However, the preferred episode order is listed and there are other changes. So I decided to watch them in that order.

When I visited other forums, it seemed that besides the Episode 9 error, the other episodes were in the correct order or there were no discernible chronological errors in airing them in that order, but no one elaborated further.

The episodes listed at TV Shows on DVD are listed in their production order. So that's the order in which they produced the shows. It may have nothing to do with the stories or dialogue in that certain order.

Season 2 is available only via Amazon.com because Season 1 did not sell well. It is due out next week June 24.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I just picked up both season sets at Best Buy for $17 each! I'm wondering if they are going to release a Season 3+4 combo, since 3 was only 10 eps, which would make 32 episodes, they do 7 on a disc so that would be 5 discs.

It's on the bubble for a 5th season at CBS, but ABC has said they'd pick it up if CBS declines, so we should have a 5th season, and after that there will be 88 episodes, so a 6th season is likely to get them to the 100 episodes for syndication. I think they have to keep releasing this (hope?) This is one of those rare sitcoms that enjoy more the more I watch it. I also plan to give them out to people to watch to hook them in to watch the new ones...

Dave or Gord - any word on what WB is doing with Season 3/4?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks