What's new

The New 90210 (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Yeah.... it's not really going anywhere is it? If they were going to bring Brenda back, they should have waited til they were actually going to use her, instead of just "oh hey I am visiting Kelly" and then not even having her in episode two.

So far, not impressed.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Finally got to watch the new eppy last night. It's fun and relatively harmless. The girl who plays Annie is starting to find the character, though I'm still not wild about Naomi. I don't remember Kelly or Donna ever being that completely annoying.

I can't be the only person wondering-pleading, even-for the mystery of Sammy's baby daddy finally being over. Enough with the "he, his father, him" bull crap. Bring Brandon or Dylan on and get it over with!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Mmm...more Silver. So who's the daddy (probably a sweeps week episode when he returns)? Naomi's daddy issues are the only thing that isn't all that interesting, while the family stuff is at least watchable.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
My vote is for Sammy Sanders. One night stand. High school history. Would definitely be an absolute curve ball.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It would explain how Sammy turned out with blonde hair, right? (Though it could have come from Kelly, too.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The main problems with this show:

1. The acting by AnnaLynne McCord is unintentionally LOL funny, and that's not a good thing. Naomi's subplots already border on the inane, at least have her mom self-medicate to explain her idiotic response to a philandering husband looking towards a polygamy lifestyle of sorts. But she does channel a good "There's Something About Mary" vibe when dealing with Ethan's brother.

2. Annie is far too perfect and uninteresting, but at least they'll change some of that in the next episode in a, I suspect, cliche-ridden storyline of young lust gone awry. Her attraction to Ethan and not respecting the bubble just makes for bad storytelling which results in a "why is she, a goody-goody, trying so hard to prove she's the one to tear Ethan away from his dysfunctional Sid/Nancy bubble he shares with Naomi" way.

3. The father-son dynamic between Dixon and dad is slumber-inducing in terms of how they relate to one another, like mature people. This is death for a new show built on teen angst, an affluent lifestyle, and questionable relationship morality.

This show does need a sharper edge to the drama and conflict, and it shouldn't have things resolve themselves in a mature manner, but leave some scars, physical or emotional as growing up in 90210 shouldn't be this easy.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Well three episodes in and I'm still bored. Nothing good happening with Brenda at all. What a waste of a good character. The one thing that is driving me crazy is how they keep making references to the original show, but it goes nowhere. I don't know, but I think it's all going to go over this generation of 90210ers heads.

I just cannot seem to find anything likable about any of these characters, even Kelly and Brenda. How sad.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Quite simply, I hate the character. Okay, I get it: she's the petulant spoiled BH girl. But she's so incredibly vapid and uninteresting. I can at least "like" everyone else. Naomi? Meh.

Oh, and as for the big Kelly baby daddy twist...it's not sitting right with me for some reason. I think the way everyone's been saying "he" and "him" and so on isn't the way real people would talk and then suddenly drop the name. Plus, he struck me as a lot of things, but never irresponsible. I guess there could be more to the story at some point, but seeing how he grew up, why not be a part of the kid's life?

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
But you have to love the "Donna Martin graduates line."

Naomi could disappear and the show would be much better. Same thing goes for Annie. I think it is a testament as to how mediocre the show is that I've watched three episodes and have problems remembering these characters' names.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The funny thing about dillon being the dad is that "they" made it sound as if it was really a shocker, when it's been out there since before the show started. I even posted about it in this thread early on. It was in anarticle about the show that they were going to write in Dillon as the father, but that he was not going to appear on the show.

anyway, as for Naomi, yeah she could leave and nothing would be ruined on the show.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I still don't like it. Why do you paint a storyline and two main characters (Kelly and Ryan) into a corner by introducing an element like Dylan being Sammy's father when Luke Perry has made it quite clear he doesn't want to appear on the show? There is never going to be the potential drama of Dylan vs. Ryan or Dylan wanting to take Sammy or anything like that.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. At least Jason Priestley is open to the idea of directing an episode if asked, putting him on the set...and cracking the door for a guest appearance if the story dictates it.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Okay so I haven't yet watched the newest episode, don't even know if I want to after reading the latest article about the show.

The character of Dylan could possibly be returning. As of now Luke Perry is working on other projects, and although he originally said NO to returning, he is carefully considering the offer.

Jason Priestly WILL be back to direct episodes, but it doesn't look like he will be in any of them. He told reporters that he is finished with the Brandon character and has no interest in returning to the zipcode.

Now here is the news that will possibly keep me from watching any further episodes...

Shannon Doherty has been given 6 episodes of the show. After that it is unclear if she will be returning anymore to the show. It might have something to do with Tori Spelling possibly returning as Donna. Since the show started, Tori's people have been in talks over her returning to the show, but money seems to be an issue. Tori was not offered the same pay as the other girls and felt that as is was her fathers show she deserved more pay.

Shannon and Tori have not worked together since the original show and Spelling says she doesn't know if she could work with Doherty again.

Now while I like Spelling, I Love Doherty and was really hoping for the writers to really do something great with Brenda. I have a feeling that because it's a spelling production, Tori will return and Doherty will be out. Could have been good if the writers pulled their heads out of their butts and wrote a better story for Brenda. Bummer!

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter

Yeah, but the new characters are not all that interesting. I'm more interested in how they planned to bring back the older characters.

I caught up with the newest episode and again it was blah!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Bland is a good word for this show. Its not even fun like Gossip Girl. I find myself fast forwarding through most of it. The new characters are not intersting in the least. Enjoy the nostalgia factor with the old characters but that's about it.
AnnaLynne McCord is horrible. Just horrible.
I took this off my tivo list last night.
Hard to believe this was renewed for an entire season already.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But will we ever find out if there's a connection between "Silver" and David Silver? Surely Erin's choice of nickname can't be a coincidence?

Also, surely Dixon and Annie know not to trust the structural integrity of a 4-year old condom?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks