What's new

The NBA thread...anyone care? (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I used to really love the NBA. Back during Jordan's heyday it was my 2nd favorite sport to watch. It's now fallen to a distant 3rd, after the NFL and MLB. Too many punks playing. Play quality overall has seemed to drop. Too many selfish, young players without good fundamentals.

I still do enjoy watching it. But like many here have said, not until much later in the season. I am very excited about my Kings though. I think this is their season. They got robbed last year.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Don't care about the NBA at all. There are people trying to get a NBA team here in St. Louis and I say no way.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'm pumped about the season. The hometown team, the Bucks, is impossible to figure out. Georgle Karl had a rough year basketball-wise, and they traded away 20+ points a nite in Big Dog.

Even though they lost to Philly on Wednesday, it was good to see them make a committment to defense. I'm sure their offense will flow in time.

I expect the Kings, Lakers, Mavs and Spurs to have some great battles out West. The Blazers are another question mark, since Mo Cheeks crew has a ton of talent but not enough minutes to play everyone.

And even though the East is nowhere near as good as the West, it will still be very competitive. I have no idea how the Eastern Playoffs will look this year.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
One thing seems certain after two games: the Boston Celtics SUCK! First they lose to the pitiful Bulls and then last night they get smoked by the Wizards for their worst loss in history.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yao has a song?! Any links to this?
You can find the Yao Ming song here at ClutchCity.net. The song was written by a fan and was an instant hit on the ClutchCity BBS. Now the Rockets have picked it up and starting playing it at The Summit last week during the final pre-season games. Warning - it's kind of silly but undeniably catchy. You may not be able to get it out of your head.
Yeah, Wednesday's game was pretty painful for Rockets' fans. It's going to take a while to get Yao Ming acclimatized (he's been in the US and with the team less than 2 weeks). But he does have skills - he contributed quite nicely in the final pre-season game. If we could just get the team healthy... :frowning:

John Chow

Second Unit
Yao Ming actually looked better in his 2 preseason games, but it'll take a bit of time. It was disappointing to see so much 'rocketball', i.e. francis or mobley isolated outside. Hopefully things will solidify once Thomas comes back from his finger injury.

Not too sure about the Yao Ming song, i found it a bit annoying the first (and only) time i listened to it. Maybe it's time to give it another go.

So far the Rockets are looking a bit better tonight.

I think the acquisition of Yao Ming has really lit a fire under Kelvin Cato. He's actually showing effort! *gasp* He's showing the kind of play I remember from him before he got the big money contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks