What's new

The Nanny First Season (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
Any word on whether there are cuts or music substitutions on this? Please don't refer me to TVShowsOnDVD, as they have stopped updating their alterations list until they verify all that are submitted.

Thanks!

PatH

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm up to episode 14 and don't notice anything fishy, but I have nothing else to compare them to. The only alteration is the plastering of the TriStar Television logo with that of Sony Pictures Television. The picture and sound are good, considering this was a show done on 480i NTSC videotape. The making-of featurette is moderately informative. I haven't listened to the commentaries yet.

If you like the show you should definitely get it. I was able to get it at Best Buy for less than the cost of the movie "Oliver!" at that same store.

Kieran Brown

Agent
I'm so disappointed with the Austrlian release. Our set is 24 episodes, which doesn't make sense right cause season 1 was only 22 episodes, so they added 2 episodes from season 2, not continuation either, pretty much just 2 hand-picked episodes.
This could affect the rest of the DVD sets.
:frowning:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:angry:

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Kieran! I'm Australian too! Would you reccommend buying it? I love the Nanny, and I watch it every weekday in the school holidays (I'm still at school, only 13), but I can't watch the other ones. Would you recommend it? What are the bonus features like? And which episodes are included from Season 2?
As for the American release, why was there different cover art? What bonus features are there? Who are on the commentarys? Which episodes have them? And why hasn't TVShowsOnDVD.com reviewed it yet?
-James

Kieran Brown

Agent
Hey James! Nice to see another aussie.
Even though it's annoying, it is ok too because it's The Nanny, plus I only want Region 4 DVDs.
Australia doesn't miss out on any special features, it has the audio commentaries by Fran Drescher and also the behind the scenes feature. So if a person doesn't care that 2 episodes are added on to the set you can also look at that as a special feature, but because other seasons will be released eventually I'd rather they not be there.
So I say buy it in Australia if you want, you're not missing out on anything, just a couple of additions to it. I do recommend it, I just love TV DVD so much even the littlest change can make me sad about a release.
Not sure why there is a different cover art, there usually is differences in cover arts in R4 releases, the most noticeable is on Dawson's Creek, different cover arts for the 3 seasons released so far, but the good thing is they are 6 DVDs so much better video quality, although with cover art I don't care too much about it.
The episodes from season two are The Playwright and A Star Is Unborn. Whereas if they had done this: Fran-Lite and then The Playwright it would've been perfect and I probably would've not cared too much, but they just chose any two.
How many TV DVDs do you own?

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting it next week. I can't wait. I haven't watched it since it has been taken off the air.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Kieran! Thanks for answering my questions. I actually only own a select few DVDs, and they include the Fantasia Anthology, Walt Disney Treasures- Silly Symphonys, The Santa Clause 2, Lizzie McGuire Vol.4 -What's Lizzie Thinking,Lizzie McGuire DVD Singles- Movin' On Up and Lizzie Strikes Out, A freebie from the Sun Herald - 50 Years Of Warner Bros TV, and I just received a prize that I won on UltimateDisney.com - The Even Stevens Movie. That's about it. What do you own, apart from The Nanny?
-James

Kieran Brown

Agent
Hey James.

Back to the Nanny for a sec, I was looking at tv.com and in a small way the DVD for Australia was done right. There are 2 ways a set can be done: Air Date or Production Number. The two episodes shown in season 2 were actually made when season 1 was made but was not shown till during season 2. So it sort of makes me happy because it's the true way of showing it, the other way is how the network decided to screen them. :) (Unfortunately for Firefly, showing it differently got it cancelled :thumbsdown: )

What do I own. Many many. I own not just TV DVDs, but also movies. I'm going to have to rent them out I think. Lol.
Since this is the TV DVD forum I'll just list those. Thank god they're already listed. :laugh:

24 Season 1
24 Season 2
24 Season 3
Angel Season 1 Part 1
Angel Season 1 Part 2
Angel Season 2 Part 1
Angel Season 2 Part 2
Angel Season 3 Part 1
Angel Season 3 Part 2
Angel Season 4 Part 1
Angel Season 4 Part 2
Angel Season 5 Part 1
Angel Season 5 Part 2
Buffy Season 1
Buffy Season 2 Part 1
Buffy Season 2 Part 2
Buffy Season 3 Part 1
Buffy Season 3 Part 2
Buffy Season 4 Part 1
Buffy Season 4 Part 2
Buffy Season 5 Part 1
Buffy Season 5 Part 2
Buffy Season 6 Part 1
Buffy Season 6 Part 2
Buffy Season 7 Part 1
Buffy Season 7 Part 2
Alias Season 1
Alias Season 2
Alias Season 3
Felicity Season 1
Everybody Loves Raymond Season 1
Everybody Loves Raymond Season 2
Charmed Season 1
Charmed Season 2
Dawson's Creek Season 1
Dawson's Creek Season 2
Dawson's Creek Season 3
The Simpsons Season 1
The Simpsons Season 2
The Simpsons Season 3
The Simpsons Season 4
The Simpsons Season 5
Futurama Season 1
Futurama Season 2
Futurama Season 3
Futurama Season 4
Family Guy Season 1
Family Guy Season 2
The Nanny Season 1
Nip/Tuck Season 1
The Secret Life Of Us Season 1
McLeod's Daughters Season 1
McLeod's Daughters Season 2
SeaChange Season 1
Home Improvement Season 1
Home Improvement Season 2
Newlyweds Season 1
Spider-Man: The New Animated Series Season 1
Friends Season 1
Friends Season 2
Friends Season 3
Friends Season 4
Friends Season 5
Friends Season 6
Friends Season 7
Friends Season 8
Friends Season 9
Best Of Friends Part 1 & 2
Best Of Friends Part 3 & 4
Six Feet Under Season 1
Six Feet Under Season 2
Just Shoot Me Season 1 & 2
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Complete Series
Cold Feet Season 1
The X Files Season 1
The X Files Season 2
The X Files Season 3
The X Files Season 4
The X Files Season 5
The X Files Season 6
The X Files Season 7
The X Files Season 8
The X Files Season 9
Kath & Kim Season 1
Kath & Kim Season 2
That 70s Show Season 1
Roswell Season 1
Roswell Season 2
CSI Season 1
CSI Season 2
Dark Angel Season 1 Part 1
Dark Angel Season 1 Part 2
Dark Angel Season 2 Part 1
Dark Angel Season 2 Part 2
Firefly Complete Series
Monk Season 1
Scrubs Season 1
Smallville Season 1
Smallville Season 2
The 4400 Season 1
The Flintstones Season 1
The Flintstones Season 2
The O.C. Season 1
The Osbournes Season 1
Will & Grace Season 1
Will & Grace Season 2
Without A Trace Season 1
Punk'd Season 1
Punk'd Season 2
CrashBurn Complete Series
The Adventures of Tintin
Band Of Brothers

Are you into collecting TV DVD? I'm into collecting DVD pretty much, but TV DVD by far I love the most.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very into TV DVD, but I certainly don't purchase as many as you do. I'm actually choosing to wait until my parents allow me to buy from America, off the internet, so I can get those sets, as they are much better, I think, than the Australian ones. I mean the Friends DVDs aren't nearly as good as the US ones, as most of them just have the music video for I'll Be There For You on it, rather than all of the goodies that America gets. I'm glad that The Nanny set has been improved by tv.com. Can I ask a question though? On the Friends episode where Phoebe sings Smelly Cat, is the part with Chris Issak missing? It's just that TVShowsOnDVD.com says that it has been edited for the US release and I'm interested in knowing if it's in it's entirety in Australia. See you later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks