The Munsters First Complete Season!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris:L, May 5, 2004.

1. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

So how bad is the audio sync problems?

2. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

But there's a small distinction between the two examples.

Knight Rider 2000 was a made-for-TV movie, and thus is a natural extension of the TV show, since they both aired on television.

Munster, Go Home was a theatrical release--and filmed in color on top of that--and thus isn't part of the TV domain that the black-and-white series was part of.

3. Chris:L

Chris:L Supporting Actor

So then why'd Universal claim it would be on the set in early announcements if that's the case?

4. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

I think you're misremembering the issue.

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

Re: The Munsters in color...

I was a HUGE fan of the show when I was growing up and have home movies of Munsters bobble-heads and puppets that I got for Christmas. But one thing I do recall was when I first saw them in color...in a ViewMaster set! I don't recall the title of the episode, but Grandpa is trying to perfect "free electricity" and Lily opens a beauty parlor. When Grandpa's experiment goes awry (don't they always?) the power surge causes some problems for the customers of Lily's shop. I remember thinking, "why is Herman blue? why are their hands flesh colored?" Of course, the make-up was probably chosen for how it looked in b/w, not color. Sure wish I still had that set!

6. Chris:L

Chris:L Supporting Actor

As I put in the disc it said "The views expressed in these interviews and or commentaries." There's no interviews or commentaries... unless they're easter eggs... why did Universal put this message in the disc set?

7. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    I noticed that, too. I wonder if companies just automatically include these disclaimers as standard practice since contents for these sets seem to change right up until duplication starts.

8. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

Well, I think Universal did an outstanding job with this set. I love the packaging, and the episodes look terrific (I've watchd 7 so far). The color pilot was of nice quality, too.