What's new

The Mummy 3 (June 11 2008) (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I actually really like the poster. I quite enjoyed the previous Mummy films, especially the first one, and this is actually one of my most-anticipated summer films, up there with Indiana Jones, Batman, and Wall-E.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, great poster. I'm there.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Cassy_w

Second Unit
No QuickTime version of the trailer? Heck, i cannot find ANY version of the trailer online. It's as if Universal is not even marketing the film (considering how bad the script is supposed to be, that wouldn't be surprising).

John Doran

Screenwriter
yup - i'm there, for sure. if they can keep it on it its fairly wide genre-rails, then it should be a blast.

what happened to weisz?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Saw the trailer before Narnia last weekend. Looks good. The audience even seemed to buzz about it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Though many like to slam it, "The Mummy" franchise is basically the younger generation's version of "Indiana Jones" and there's a lot of love from the mass audience for the "Mummy" flicks. It'll be interesting to see where both films end up on the summer box office list.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^
I'm 41, but I'll buy that. My first thought was how much the first Mummy reminded me of Indy and how great Fraiser was in the lead...and how he'll probably because this gens "Indy".

Ah, I was really close to seeing Narnia last weekend. Speed Racer too, but I just didn't go. Indy is a definite. I think the people in my little bitty town will do some major murmuring after that trailer (if it's played).

Cassy_w

Second Unit
The first film is a lot of fun. Quite entertaining, despite the overly goofy tone. I even bought it on DTheater (High Def tape).

The second film, however, was just criminal. Overblown, non-stop in its loudness, devoid of emotion or suspense. Just one big giant cartoon action fest with fake CGI effects. I think it had maybe three good moments out of the 2+ hours. I really HATED it and was not surprised the same filmmaker went on to make the laughably TERRIBLE film VAN HELSING. Oh God, I'd rather stick a spoon in my eye than watch that one again.

The Mummy 3 does not interest me at all despite the yummy Jet Li and so cool Michelle Yeoh being in the film, especially after the script reviews came in, all of which were scathing or worse.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
is this still coming june 11th?

has there een a trailer yet, or any tv commercials?

Fraser has Center of the Earth coming.

ok 8-1 is the date.

title update?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i went to apple quicktime trailers and fround the hd trailer for it.

jet li is in this too.

i think it'll e good, i'm a fan of this kind of film anyway.
poster is decent too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks