What's new

The Monster Squad and Spookies (1 Viewer)

Corey * C

Grip
Anyone remember these movies? HORRIBLE stuff....
Saw them as a kid, and I would kill for them on DVD - or even VHS (shudder). Any suggestions on where to find these gems? Or any thoughts on the possibilty of a DVD release?
Also, I'd appreciate any info on sites related to these flicks....I can't seem to find info that they even exist.
My fav scenes (from the last time I saw both, about 10 years ago) have to be:
In The Monster Squad, the scene where the kids are spying on the girl next door from their tree house and the scene near the end with the Dracula babes.
In Spookies, the odd birthday chase scene with Angus Black, and the downbeat end.
Reminisce with me, and convince me I'm not crazy :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Oh god, Spookies was one of the very first laserdiscs I bought- it was $6.88 at Camelot music (bought it along with Drive-in Massacre for $15.88, still a low price by LD standards!) The disc is laser-rotted pretty badly too, it was made by Technidisc which is regarded as the very worst laserdisc manufacturer ever!
I heard this was actually 2 unfinished movies edited together, which explains the kid at the beginning sort of being forgotten about. The cover says this actually won some sort of sci-fi/horror fan award, so I expected it to actually be good!

Corey * C

Grip
Holy crap! I remember seeing that on the cover! And now that you say, 2 movies edited together makes a lotta sense.
Thanks for the info, Jesse....

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Monster squad was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Would love to see that on dvd...
"Wolfman's got balls!"... atleast I think thats the quote, been a long time since I last saw that one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread