What's new

The Monkees New Album "Good Times" (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Anyone get a chance to listen to this? Most if not all the songs are up on youtube. It sounds great! Has a distinct 60's
sound to the songs.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Stumbled across it at Best Buy, but didn't buy it. Seeing it there was the first I heard of it. I wanted to hear some of it first before buying.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Gem filled. Glad they came back to give us a bit more of that Monkees magic (with bonus Nesmith, since he was almost up there with Fronzie when I was a kid). Mickey is one serious talent and sounds better than ever. Only dark spot is the missing Davey. :(

Haven't bought the album yet but listened to all the samples. But I'll get it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
(from ABC News)

The Monkees have scored their highest-charting album since their 1960s heyday, as Good Times! debuts at #14 on the Billboard 200 chart. The made-for-TV band's last studio record to reach the top 20 of the Billboard tally was 1968's The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees, which peaked at #3.

Good Times! also bows at #6 on the Billboard Top Album Sales chart, which measures just sales and not streaming. As previously reported, the album celebrates the band's 50th anniversary, and features new contributions from surviving members Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork; tunes written especially for the project by various modern-rock artists; and finished versions of unreleased vintage Monkees recordings.

CD and digital editions of Good Times! are available now, while a vinyl version will be released on August 12.

The Monkees' 50th anniversary tour continues tonight (Tues) with a show in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
There was a great piece on the Monkees on Sunday Morning last weekend. It might be available on the CBS website.

It was cool to see Nesmith participating. I didn't think I'd ever see him in anything Monkees-related again. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Got the album and love it. It's not just good for a reunion album, it's good PERIOD! You could argue it's better than most of their 60's output, and I LOVE their 60's output. Album of the summah! (Tegan & Sara's Love You To Death with it's 80's synth-pop goodness would be a close second.)

They snuck on a Davey song by using an old vocal.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I didn't know The Monkees had released a new album until I saw this thread, so thanks for posting. I just listened to this album on Youtube, and thought it was very good. Just ordered the CD from Amazon and downloaded the MP3 to my iPod.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
In case you guys don't know, there are several bonus tracks that come as exclusives depending on where you buy the cd. I think you can find all of them on youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks