What's new

The missing trailer thread and where i can find those missing trailers (1 Viewer)

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone else recall the pretty incredible original theatrical trailer for Blade Runner?

I would LOVE to be able to see it again, let alone have it...

One of the absolute best trailers I can remember ever having seen!

The first time I saw it right before the film was released, when it was over you could've literally heard a pin drop in the theater - kinda took everyone's breath away...

Ah, well - probably gone the way of the BR SE...

:frowning:

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Movie FX Magazine is a Region 1 DVD release and can be found in bookstores. I've been able to find them at Borders for about $10. They also have them available at their web site, www.moviefxmag.com for about the same price.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Just thought of another one!

On the first VHS release of The Empire Strikes Back, there was a shortened version of the Oscar trailer for Star Wars' re-release in 1978. It ended with the blurb "Now on Videocassette". This abbreviated version of the trailer has never appeared on DVD or even on laserdisc.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

AFAIK that was only made for home video (as you point out, it was just edited down from the original trailer), never appearing in a theater. As such, I wouldn't call it a "trailer" but a "promo". I'm pretty much a completist when it comes to anything related to a theatrical release, but home video advertising can stay "missing" as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry for the split hair! :)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The Special Edition trailers for Star Wars Trilogy were on the first widescreen special editions from 1997

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
This is one reason why I go to places like Apple Trailers and download those for movies I may purchase while the trailer is new and available. If the trailer shows up on the DVD fine, I prefer that it is. If not, I have a copy saved including the Pearl Harbor one with The Thin Red Line music, and the original Spiderman trailer with World Trade Center spiderweb stretched between them. Pieces of movie history :)

Eric

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Just thought of another one: the first teaser trailer for Superman II. It runs about 2 minutes long. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember a couple of bits from it:

- It starts with the S logo, then the exploding Krypton, then the three criminals flying and a voiceover saying, "Something evil is heading to Metropolis."
- There's a clip of Clark Kent's change to Superman, and a voiceover of someone saying, "Superman... where are you?"

It was never released on the DVD.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Sorry for the double post! Hit the "Enter" button twice by mistake - my bad! Moderators, please feel free to remove this post. :)

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone know if there is any DVD that carries the Paycheck trailer with pieces of the score from The Matrix Reloaded? My understanding is there were 2 trailers for Paycheck and none of them are on the DVD..

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
The superb "Trailer A" for Treasure Planet (excellent visuals, sound, and music used!) can be found on the 2 Disc version of Monsters, Inc.. The trailer is also in DD 5.1! :emoji_thumbsup:

8^B

Michael Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know where I can find the teaser trailer, theatrical trailer, and/or TV spots for the first two Batman movies? Thanks.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I am miffed in why the first full UNDERWORLD trailer isn't included on either version of UNDERWORLD (theater cut and unrated extended cut). We do get a shortened TV spot version and the full trailer is split up in parts in one of the featurettes, but one has to track down the full trailer on other DVDs (like VAMPIRE EFFECT for example). OUT OF REACH has trailers for 4 other Steven Seagal movies, but no trailer for OUT OF REACH.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
I just realized that in my collection of 35mm trailers, I have Pearl Harbor. We watched it at the theater and it had the Thin Red Line music. Wow, what a difference that music really makes. THAT is the trailer I remember giving me chills. Too bad we cannot get it on DVD or something. Now if I could do my own transfer of the trailer...or am I being cynical? :D

AJG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks