What's new

The missing trailer thread and where i can find those missing trailers (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
well, i like trailers and it's the least feature i wnna see on a dvd but even that the studios holding back on us. sometimes the studios are kind enough to incldue a trailer from a movie on an other dvd. that's why i start this thread so people cansee where they can find trailers that not included on the movie dvd itself but on others. i hope you guys help in this matter.

post a trailer you looking for or a dvd that contains it ect. :)

request

road to perdition
behind enemy lines

missing trailers

star trek nemesis: teaser is on the s.e. of star trek 3, trailer can be found on extreme oops
catch me if you can can be found on the ring (u.s. remake)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I'd like the trailer for Unbreakable. Someone said it was on the O Brother Where Art Thou? DVD, but I think it was one of those "Now Available on Video" types of trailers, not the original one that played in theaters.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You beat me to it, Enrico! There are MANY trailers I am looking for (full-length theatrical trailers only, please) I know many are probably not available on ANY disc, but if anyone has come across these, please let me know where! The majority listed are Columbia, Paramount and Disney titles, as these studios are now the most likely to leave trailers off their movies, or to put them on other discs:

AGNES OF GOD
ALL THE KING'S MEN
AKIRA KUROSAWA'S DREAMS
ALIVE
APPLE DUMPLING GANG
AWAKENINGS
AWFUL TRUTH (Movie)
BALTO
THE BEAR
BREAKHEART PASS
BRIDGES AT TOKO RI
BUDDY HOLLY STORY
BURNT BY THE SUN
CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS
CARTOUCHE
THE CHANGELING
CHICKEN RUN
COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER
COUNTRY
THE CROSSING GUARD
DEAD OF NIGHT (1945)
DEEP IMPACT
DESPERATE HOURS (Bogart)
DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER
DRAGONSLAYER
ELECTION
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ
EXOTICA
GARDEN OF THE FINZI-CONTINIS
THE GENERAL (John Boorman)
THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY 1 & 2
GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE
HEARTLAND
HEARTS AND MINDS
HERCULES (DISNEY)
HIGH NOON (NOT AS PART OF DOCUMENTARY)
HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD
HUD
I AM SAM
IDENTITY
IN THE BEDROM
IRIS
IRREVERSIBLE
JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN
JU DOU
LADY AND THE TRAMP
THE LADY VANISHES
MARK OF ZORRO (1940)
MASK
THE MEN
MEPHISTO
METROPOLIS (SILENT)
MIGHTY APHRODITE
NIGHT (CURSE) OF THE DEMON
NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY
NOWHERE IN AFRICA
NUTTY PROFESSOR (1963)
OFFICIAL STORY
OF MICE AND MEN (1939)
101 DALMATIANS
ONLY ANGELS HAVE WINGS
OPEN RANGE
ORDINARY PEOPLE
THE PAWNBROKER
PETER PAN (DISNEY)
PIXOTE
PLAY IT AGAIN SAM
PRETTY BABY
RABBIT PROOF FENCE
RED DRAGON
RED RIVER (what disc has all those John Wayne trailers?)
THE RESCUERS
THE ROOKIE
ROSEMARY'S BABY
SABRINA (1954)
SCARFACE (1932)
SEABISCUIT
SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISHER
SHANE
SIGNS
SIRENS SISTERS
SMALL CHANGE
SPIRIT: STALLION OF CIMARRON
STAKEOUT
STALAG 17
STATE AND MAIN
TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN
TARGETS
THEY
TWELVE O'CLOCK HIGH
WE WERE SOLDIERS
WHITE FANG
YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU
YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES

I've not bothered listing Criterion or Anchor Bay releases, as they have always included trailers on the corresponding movie if they had access to it. I realize this is a very partial (and probably way too long) list, but it goes to show how many trailers have gone missing.

BobG

Stunt Coordinator
The teaser for S.W.A.T. can be found on the Bad Boys II dvd.

The trailer for The Core can be found on The Hunted DVD

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the spider-man teaser with the WTC is on a fx movie disc. I have it.. the first theatre trailer for spider-man the 2 minute one is on the movie only of black hawke down. they might have it on the re-rlease spider-man dvd that is coming out later this year in time of spidey 2.

Anyone know where Ican find the international trailer and the american trailer for the hulk movie.. I know the others.. the teaser and the first superbowl is on the hulk video game and the second superbowl teaser is on the hulk tv pilot. I am talking about the trailer before the X2 movie.

JACOB

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

The trailers for Chicken Run are included on the DVD. Same with Deep Impact. Red Dragon also includes the trailers....but only on the 2-disc Collector's Edition. And if I recall correctly, the teaser for Spirit is on the Shrek DVD.

This is a disturbing trend lately. While trailers used to be a standard feature on just about every DVD, now it seems like the opposite is true. Disney almost always has "sneak peeks". Sony usually does as well. Universal no longer seems to include trailers(although they have no qualms about forcing us to sit through 10 minutes of ads). Paramount's a 50/50 situation. Only New Line, Fox, and WB seem to do it regularly nowadays.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
The best way would probably be Ebay. I just checked and the Unbreakable trailer is on Total Movie disc #1. I got mine on Ebay about a year ago because it had the Pearl Harbor teaser trailer with the original music.

I know I have seen the Identity trailer on some disc, but I can't remember which one.

Two I am interested in finding are the Black Hawk Down teaser (which was excluding from the special edition due to music rights) and the Road to Perdition trailer.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I'd love to see the Pearl Harbor RELEASE trailer with the "thin red line" music. Anyone know if it's even available for download?

FYI...the Blade Runner Directors Cut trailer is on Memphis Belle.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I think hollywood.com used to have the Pearl Harbor trailer with music from The Thin Red Line, but it looks like they have deleted it with a lot of the older ones.

Another one I am looking for on DVD is the 25th Hour trailer.

CraigL

Screenwriter

The teaser and release trailer both used the Thin Red Line music and I have the teaser on the TotalDVD DVD. Just wish I could see the release one with it. Unless my mind is playing games with me, i'm POSITIVE that the release trailer used this music when I saw it before Shadows of the Vampire.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I was dissappointed the Moonlight Mile trailer wasn't on the disc. I finally had to just download it from Apple.com.

Matt_H

Stunt Coordinator
the first x-men teaser with the alternate wolverine jump wasn't on the first x-men dvd. I dunno bout the x-men 1.5 disc.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
The final version of the Tron trailer hasn't been released either on LD or DVD. I have a copy of it on VHS and it's really nice. It's a shame it was never released. I have it on 35mm also.

In fact, when the LD was being put together I emailed the person in charge and he didn't want it, either out of ignorance of what it was, or otherwise.

How about the Final Fantasy trailer with the music from Dante's Peak?

I'd start a list like this either in this thread or on my web site but I'm bad with keeping up with things like this.

Mike

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The 2-disc set of Gladiator contains an alternate version of the Chicken Run trailer, complete with Hans Zimmer's music from the film and done in a Gladiator-style format.

The teaser trailer for Star Trek: Nemesis is also on the Next Generation Season 6 set in addition to the Star Trek III 2-disc set. The full theatrical trailer for Nemesis was included on the sixth issue of Movie FX DVD magazine.

The inclusion of the original teaser trailer for Spider-Man on the fourth issue of Movie FX was a total fluke, according to the editor. He was doing a spot check of the pressed disc for sound and video quality and was astonished that the teaser trailer had been included, but by that time it was too late to recall the DVD from the manufacturer.

I picked up the recent DVD set of Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and found the trailer to the anime of Metropolis on the set, which was not included on its release a couple of years before.

Another one is the sneak preview trailer to The Lion King, which was on the head of the VHS release of Aladdin (with the butchered lyrics at the head of the film), though it's not on the DVD.

There is one teaser trailer I'm looking for, and that's the teaser trailer to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It was on the head of the very first VHS release of Raiders of the Lost Ark but not included on last year's DVD box set. Anyone have that tape? Get in touch with me, please! :)

There's plenty of them I could go into as well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks