What's new

The Mirror Has Two Faces why doesn't a WS version exist? (1 Viewer)

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
I'm buying The Prince of Tides and The Way We Were this weekend and I also wanted The Mirror Has Two Faces. I was disappointed to find it as a Fullscreen only release. I guess I'll be buying the just first two films.

Does anyone know if this film was ever released as WS or WS/FS flipper?

Thanks.

When it first came out - it was in the snapper case and was anamorphic widescreen. Probably can find it on ebay or in the bargin bin at your local B&M. I think I saw it not too long ago for $9.99.

PopBodhi

Second Unit
Real Name
Randall
Thank you. I'll try your suggestion. Still, it's sad that a couple years from now someone will want this film in OAR and they will be out of luck. :frowning:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered this movie last week from DeepDiscountDVD when I heard it was being re-issued in full screen only. The copy I got still had the widescreen version. You may want to order one from them really quick before they run out.

m.cellophane

Agent
Real Name
James
It was originally released in either a CD-style jewel case or a keep case, not a snapper. I ordered it online and got the jewel case. I later picked up the keep case version in a store and sold the jewel case.

The disc content was the same on either: WS on one side and P&S on the other.

Many of Barbra Streisand's films have received lackluster releases on DVD. The collection from Warner and The Way We Were are the best for extras as well as Meet the Fockers.

Her Criterion commentary on the excellent LD of The Prince of Tides is still sadly in the dust.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Why wasan't "MOONSTRUCK" widescreen either??
Why is it P/S

Tyler Ruggeri

Stunt Coordinator
I bought Mirror Has Two Faces from the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart roughly a year ago, and it's a WS/PS flipper. It's sad to hear they've been re-issuing titles full screen only. I'd pick up Sweet and Lowdown for 5 bucks, but I haven't seen the widescreen version available in months.

I'd say check the bins and shelves very carefully for Mirror. I wouldn't be surprised if there are still some unsold widescreen copies floating around, even at Wal-Mart.

Tyler Ruggeri

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I picked up the widescreen version of The Mirror Has Two Faces for my wife just two months ago from Columbia House.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks