The Metal Gear game on Gamecube is ...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by paul h, May 1, 2003.

1. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

If this is on par with REmake, I am all over this. IMO MGS was a better game than 2, so it will be a very strong title with updated graphics and hopefully soilder ai.

2. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

This seems to be a very shallow method of building up the gc library with supposed top games that have appeared on the other systems. I hope this isn't a trend. Maybe the animal crossing team will be put in charge of a future GTA port.

3. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

Ouch. [​IMG]

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Actually, MGS3 was just announced as to-be-shown at E3.

I think this is actually MGS and MGS2 (I'm talking about the GCN one). It'll probably be like Substance with MGS added in.

And while I would like to see them remake the original NES game, I'm not sure that's much better than remaking MGS. Maybe they're changing the game up, making a different story, having it lead into MGS2 more, who knows.

5. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

Well if this is anything like Resident Evil Remake (which was a completely new experience versus the original), count me in! [​IMG] I cannot wait to see how incredible this is going to look and see all the new additions Nintendo will add!

[​IMG]

6. Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth Stunt Coordinator

Anyone think they will release "The Twin Snakes" on the PS2 or X-Box???

I hope the Box gets it...

7. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

8. Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth Stunt Coordinator

AAAAAlllllrriigghhtty then.

Nevermind.:b

9. chris rick

chris rick Second Unit

Marc,
    Much of the freezing in Eternal Darkness (which I'm sure you know from playing it?) is the game screwing with the player's head. Many times I thought my game was freezing when I ran out of sanity, but it was the game itself doing it in order to (IMO) blur the line between the player and the character on screen at the time. This is an amazing game and a truly ADULT game in the best sense of the word--huge and scary--but not in a merely gory way.

10. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I don't know-I never played the original MGS, so I'm looking forward to this.

11. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

12. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Personally, I think MGS is a little too recent to be remaking (1997 wasn't THAT long ago) but it will probably come out good, and I'm intrigued by it nonetheless.

13. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

Having owned the original MGS on the PlayStation, I'm looking forward to the revamped version for the Gamecube. IGN compared a number of screenshots between the PS version and the GC's in this article. It appears that Silicon Knights are instituting enough changes (I prefer enhancements) to create a unique gaming experience, one that bears almost no resemblance to the original. IMO, Capcom accomplished this with the RE remake, and Konami's on their way with MGS:TTS.

14. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Morgan, I think MGS actually came out in November or December of 98, so it's even more recent [​IMG]
    Edit-IGN's review is dated 10/21/98 so I guess it came out a bit earlier than I remember.