What's new

"The Mentalist" season six (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
First of all...I cannot believe the show is now entering it's sixth season. Time flies.

Some big news for this season.....

Amanda Righetti, Owain Yeoman to leave 'The Mentalist'?Published Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 9:40pm EDT | By Justin Harp |Amanda Righetti and Owain Yeoman will reportedly be leaving The Mentalist.Their characters Van Pelt and Rigsby will be written out of the show in a storyline that is tied to the unmasking of the mysterious RedJohn in season six, reports TV Line.The Red John serial killer mystery has been a long-running story arc throughout the run of the CBS series.The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller responded to reports of the possible departures of Righetti and Yeoman by insisting that he would "neither confirm nor deny" that a cast shake-up is in the works.Heller did promise that Mentalist fans should expect the "most dramatic and game-changing season" yet.Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a504607/amanda-righetti-owain-yeoman-to-leave-the-mentalist.html#ixzz2bISYaNcY
I hope they don't kill them off. I hope decide to get married and since they can't work together and be married. They have to leave. This way it leaves them open to come back to the show.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
He made that list based on whose hands he shook. Jane didn't include the CBI team, but that doesn't mean they can't be Red John.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Can't wait for the new season, always good to shake things up a little, keeps things fresh, maybe we need a guess who Red John is thread, my money is on Jane having multiple personalities, nah wait, can't be, that would end the show at the reveal part.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The showrunner has said that Jane is "definitively" not Red John. I don't think they can do that because it would be a huge betrayal of the audience after 6 or perhaps 7 seasons (although I hope they reveal Red John this season even if they get renewed for a 7th).

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hanson said:
The showrunner has said that Jane is "definitively" not Red John. I don't think they can do that because it would be a huge betrayal of the audience after 6 or perhaps 7 seasons (although I hope they reveal Red John this season even if they get renewed for a 7th).
Technically if he has split personalities it isn't him so they could get away with saying that, i hope they don't reveal Red John during this season but the show could survive even after such a reveal, i'm sure they have some directions already mapped out.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
During Amanda Righetti's maternity leave last season, the show proved it could get along without her, but Owain would be a different story. I think with Red John being unmasked midway through the season, the show is going to morph into something different. I don't know quite how they're going to do it, of course, but with no more Red John driving Jane and the "romantic" couple of the unit leaving, it's going to HAVE to be a very different show.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quite a shocking ending to the season premiere. Interesting interview with Heller about it with some spoilers.

I did think it was a bit of a "stupid plot" moment. Sure Lisbon did call for some backup in the area, but she didn't call Jane or anyone else from her team or bring anyone else who was right nearby.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed the premiere last night. Since one of the seven suspects was eliminated in the premiere, I am wondering if the show is setting up a scenario where Red John is going to be "whittling down" the list of suspects, one per week until the reveal of Red John's identity? I read the interview and I may have to re-visit the premiere episode to see if I can spot the clue, or perhaps what I think is the clue, that Bruno Heller describes.

In some ways I was less pleased with the darker tone of the show last year, as Jane's lighter moments have always been more entertaining, but now that the show is back with new episodes, it has pulled me back into the series. Really looking forward to how the season unfolds and how the series will change this year.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Shocks from beginning (the first case over in the precredit sequence) to end. I do think Lisbon made a mistake even a rookie should have known better than to commit and especially since the whole matter revolved around Red John who she knows is a lethal enemy.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
After tonight's upbeat ending, I am pretty sure that we are going to some darker places in the next few episodes. I really hope that the show is not setting up Van Pelt and/or Rigsby for dire fates at the hands of Red John. I have no reason to suspect the show is going that direction - other than happiness seems to be transitory around Red John.

Did the trailer for next week show us what was really happening or was it a misdirect via some clever editing? We'll see.

- Walter.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
This show can be the master of misdirection.

Like at the end of last night's episode in the church tower when Jane, Lisbon and McAllister spooked some birds (pigeons, I assume) McAllister said, "didn't see that coming. I hate those things."

There has been something about pigeons in the last 2 or 3 episodes. I don't know if they're a clue to the Red John identity or not. To be honest, I'm so confused at this point it's hard to keep up.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Google "Mentalist pigeons" and you come up with some interesting links including discussions about the name Carmen, which was pretty blatantly thrown into the mix at the hospital in episode 2 of this season. I need to revisit the first two episodes (I'm keeping the entire season six on the DVR for a revisit to see what hints were placed once we know more about Red John.)

- Walter.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I don't know about you guys, but I am starting to get sick of these secret societies within the law enforcement groups. First we had the "The Blue Templer" in Blue Bloods. Then "HR" in a Person of Interest and the group of folks in The Following. Now we have "Tiger Tiger". All one big vast conspiracy. I enjoy the show, but hope that this is related to Red John and ends with his death and/or capture. If this is what they are going to have as their back story after Red John, it might be time to watch something else.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I watched the episode where Jane is tied to the chair and Red John is seen with their gloves on, it got me thinking again, maybe Red John isn't on that list, maybe Red John is in fact a woman, maybe the scriptwriters have given the audience a red herring with that list, i hope so.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My #1 Red John suspect bit the dust last night, so I have no idea who he is. Nice to see Madeleine Hightower again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks