The Mentalist - season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Mentalist bucked the odds last season as a freshman show with strong ratings, and for its troubles, it got slotted behind CSI on Thursday nights at 10 p.m. EDT.

2. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    These episodes are consitently great. Surprised there isn't more chatter on the show. Lisbon's new do is still growing on me though.

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    The show continues to chug along nicely, although everybody including the AG letting Jane slide on both the electronic eavesdropping and prison escape charges was even more of a stretch than some of the things that go on in this show. But I'm ignoring the most important aspect of the current season - Rigsby is now my hero! Way to go, Wayne! (And about frickin' time since everyone else on the team, including Van Pelt, knew how you felt.)

Of course, now they'll have to deal with the rules, and the fact that Jane knows for sure and Lisbon suspects.

Later,

Joe

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Joe,

I still love Cho's comments when Rigsby didn't make a move a few episodes ago. "Your going to die alone." :D

5. David_Jr

Dave
    A bit of a stretch may be an understatement, but it is very entertaining none the less. Jane pulls it off well. You just have to let a few things slide along the ride. Jane must have wanted Bosco to trace the bug to him or he never would have. I find the relationship between Lisbon and Bosco to be interesting. It seems that Jane has an idea that Bosco has feeling for Lisbon, which might be true, but it seems that Lisbon has something big to hang over his head. And the Lisbon - Van Pelt relationship should be a lot of fun as it plays out.

6. David_Jr

Dave
    Anyone else shocked to see Bosco and his team killed off? I didn't think he would die, but figured the team maybe because they were minor players. Definitely a lot of history between Bosco and Lisbon that we won't get to find out about now. And Jane is free to purue Red John once again. Just a great episode. I was a little disappointed to see that the secretary did it. it seemed a bit more professionally carried out for it to be her, but I suppose she just pulled the trigger and Red John did all the tech stuff behind the scenes.

7. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

Yeah a shame they killed of Bosco. Thought he was a good counter balance to Patrick Jane. Oh well. The show goes on....

Though I could of gone without the corny singing at the end. Yikes.

8. David_Jr

Dave
    Any speculation as to where we go from here with Jane, Red John, new cast members? they killed off 4 cast and the chief resigned all in one episode. That is a major move usually reserved for season ending cliff hangers.

9. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Eh, I don't really think it's that big a deal. Bosco's team members were pretty much dead weight. And as soon as Bosco himself sort of reconciled a little bit with Jane at the end of last episode, Bosco had sort of overstayed his welcome, in my opinion. There wasn't anywhere else to go with his character at that point that would be organic to the show.

The chief stepping down, he was only in a couple scenes an episode anyway, and mostly just doing the same thing Bosco did, yelling to not let Jane get away with his crap. I don't think they'll be missed very much, honestly.

10. David Hobbes

David Hobbes Stunt Coordinator

i think the chief is red john.

11. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I had thought that too.

12. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Re: the chief being Red John. Same here.

It first crossed my mind last season in the episode Red John's Friends when the chief was absent from the show (the character was on vacation or away on business); and Red John had access to the CBI's internal communications as well as being privy to information regarding an informant (if I recall correctly).

After last week's episode I'm not as certain. Why leave a position that allows you to keep tabs on the investigation?

- Walter.

13. Joe_H

Joe_H Screenwriter

Originally Posted by David Hobbes

14. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

The CBI team gets a new boss....

15. David_Jr

Dave
    Looks like the new boss will be on Lisbon's back about Jane and the Rigsby/Van Pelt romance. A little unrealistic for her to tell Lisbon that Jane stays no matter what, but if he acts up Lisbon's head will roll. Also she picked up on the romance a little quick, she hadn't even unpacked yet, come on!