What's new

THE MECHANIC Got Remade?! (Trailer) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Didn't even know this had happened. From DEADLINE: CBS Films has just released a trailer for The Mechanic, the drama that stars Jason Statham as a killer who takes on an apprentice, played by the excellent young actor Ben Foster. Charles Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent starred in the 1972 original. The pic will be released January 28, 2011.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I was wondering when this would come out. They filmed at least some of it locally--the part where the characters jump out of the window of the tall building was shot just down the street from where I work. Looked pretty interesting.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Normally, I like Jason Statham's action pictures, but this one looks too much like a typical cookie cutter action film. The original was a study in character and the working relationship between two men in an unusual occupation. This remake just looks like a typical action pic

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In "The Mechanic", Jason Statham plays a long-time hitman, Arthur, who finds himself being assigned to kill off a father-figure, Harry, (Donald Sutherland) for the organization he works for, and having completed the assignment, ends up training Harry's son Steve in the ways of being a hitman, or a mechanic, to pay it forward in some strange way. But if Steve finds out about Arthur's role in his father's killing, what will he do? Hmm...

Overall, the action sequences were good, some were vastly over-the-top, but not objectionably so. It could have been better, but when things go bad, they really go bad, and it was entertaining to see how Arthur and Steve finagle their way out of really tight spots.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks