What's new

The Matrix Revolutions - glitch? (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter

See!

Fingers crossed there's an (easily identifyable) fixed version out there soon! But knowing what happened with the WB Superman DVDs we'll probably have to knowingly buy the dud version and then send the disc away, receiving in return a replacement that's littered with scratches and other such nonsense.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Cept you have to work really hard to scratch a Blu-ray disc. I get them from NetFlix all the time, without so much as a hair line scratch. Cant say the same about the rental DVDs.
I was one of the folks who got a replacement Pirates of the Caribbean. It was fine in the mailer it came in. Dont worry about scratches.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Oh I have about 18 or so BDs so far and I've already seen at least one lightly scratched disc. Granted I've also had 2 floaters without a mark on them. But I'm sure these aren't as impervious to surface marks as advertised.

I'd prefer not to take the risk. It'd be nice if they got it right first time round!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I've seen a number of BDs scratched where it is pretty obvious the disc was scratched before the protective coating was applied, so it can happen. I've also seen plenty of Netflix BDs that have been scratched. Never underestimate the stupidity and carelessness of people. :D

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Oh i agree 100%. I have a no scratch policy on all DVDs and Blu-rays...the ones i buy. I have had to exchange one or two Blu-rays that were scratched, and i cant even tell you how many DVDs i exchange. Rentals, i just look at them, and wipe off the finger prints. I hate those too!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind waiting until after the holidays for an exchange program. That said, I will be 'pounding the Internet pavement' after the new year to make sure enough of a ruckus is made to ensure this issue isn't swept under the proverbial rug.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

I'm with ya on that. I've decided not to buy this set until the problem is fixed. The DVDs will do fine until then.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
So now that CES is wrapping up how much longer until should we wait for Warner Bros. to address this issue before making some noise?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
even if this is resolved, they'll do a replacement program, not reissue the box sets.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I understand that. It is the replacement program I am interested in. I guess if the next couple weeks don't pass with some positive news I will see if Bill Hunt or someone at thedigitalbits is willing to press the issue.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

I'd like to think they'll eventually get a fixed version of the box set out there!

But I guess that would be far too convenient for the consumer... who am I kidding?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
remember the back to the future framing issue? afaik, they STILL never replaced new copies of the DVD. u just need to be smart enough to do the exchange urself. imagine how many hundreds of thousands of copies out there are screwed up!!!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Generally, a studio will let the current stock of incorrect discs naturally sell off and put the corrected disc in newly made copies.

And the BTTF DVDs did eventually had the corrected versions in the store packaging for this reason.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Warner should get on the ball regarding this. Ample time post-release to get things lined up for a replacement has passed.

I wouldn't expect a boosted but rate, though. That's just not in the cards.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
It seems ridiculous that this hasn't been addressed yet. Of course, Disney never address the Pinocchio audio issue either. Am I beginning to notice a trend here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks