What's new

The Matrix: Reloaded DVD cover art survey (1 Viewer)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Without a doubt the first one is the most imaginative, and, therefore, the best choice in my opinion. The rest look like every other DVD cover out there. I'm surprised at the third one's popularity, but to each his own I suppose.
Well, I'm one who likes the 3rd one because it goes along with the current "The Matrix" DVD cover. Same basic look. Let's keep some consistancy.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at the popularity of the 1st due to the hatred of the floating heads syndrome around here, despite the scenes in the sunglasses.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I actually like #2 out of those choices, the white background matches a lot of the pre-release posters which I liked a lot. Plus I don't really like seeing the Matrix code on everything advertising the film.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Another option,
slap The Matrix:Reloaded title above sexy Monica Bellucci and call it a day. :D

I know it's unrealistic but she personifies the word "reloaded". :emoji_thumbsup:

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I loved the third one the moment I saw it on the Bits. It seems to fit, tonally, with the first dvd's cover art - not that this is gonna matter when the super-duper trilogy box set is released :D. The second cover is a little too bland and the first is waaaay over the top. Big heads a-go-go? Me no like.

GaryEA

Second Unit
None of them.

All three choices are just Photoshop composites of the advance posters. They must have new key art readily available somewhere. Then again, maybe not. I've yet to see a regular one-sheet for the film.

While I don't like the choices, I do appreciate WHV offering a preview of the choices.

(lemme vote! :D)

-g

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I'm not a huge fan of any of them really but couldn't at least add the hundred Smiths in the back? I think the designs could be more elborate.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why not just use the same cover as "Enter the Matrix" (video game). Not only is it in a keepcase, but it's got this whole holographic datastream thing going. It's really sweet and not a noggin in sight. We KNOW who's in the movie

Craig W

Second Unit
If given the option I would vote for a whole new version of Reloaded. My choice would be one that doesn't suck. The end of the first movie offered great possibilities. All I found in the sequel was the same ole shit that was cool four years ago, but is dated now. Hoping that Revolutions can justify the crap they gave us this summer.

I found it funny that the BO returns dropped by more than 60% in its second weekend.

Back to the topic on hand. I would choose either the first or third cover. But I will only purchase the sequels if Revolutions brings the magic back.

Galen_V

Second Unit
I think that the first one looks too much like a video game cover in my opinion. I also think original art would be better than these, but given the choice I would go with 3, just because it flows more.

In a perfect world, I would also like to see multiple covers, but using the teaser posters instead (with the cropped off heads).

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I dont really care for any of them...cause it would be nice to see a real painting or something...but I like the first one...

Brenton

Screenwriter
I like the first one best. I don't care how much it matches the cover for the original film. That crappy snapper will just get rereleased anyway.

I think the reason so many people don't like the first cover is because of an irrational nogginphobia that seems to be going around. Remember, a noggin cover is only bad when it LOOKS bad. It's not automatically bad just because it's got noggins on it.

FredK

Second Unit
The faces are too soft in #1, not only are they floating heads, they're ugly floating heads.

#3 actually has some color to it, that's my vote.

Hopefully it'll be something different. I found the teaser posters to be great, but the release poster (and soundtrack ETM covers) to be uninspired. But that's what DVD cover art and a thinpak is for.

Ben Rockwell

Agent
In the first one Neo looks like a woman...I had to do a double take b/c it looks like Trinity, and then I thought, "Wow, Neo looks CG like in the burly brawl scene..."

And THEN, after that, I though, "Hmm...I wonder what the cover for X2 is gonna look like...that's gonna a SWEET set..."

Oh, yeah, the third one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks