What's new

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection coming to BD on Oct. 18th from Universal (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
i was thinking more of these exotic spots
1449120174-0.jpg
Sorry, Wong Number... I was Sarong about that ;) !

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sorry, Wong Number... I was Sarong about that ;) !

So right,

But for the picture that I posted, if you Traveled east from Bali, yes I am looking at Dorothy Lamour ;) aboard the Shanghai Express all the way to Morocco, you might see the Blonde Venus. She used to be the Flame of New Orleans, but something happened along the way, something to do with Golden Earrings. Anyhow after that she was Dishonored and had to leave, because The Devil is a Woman.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
"Hope" is the thing with [Horse]feathers.
- Emily Dickinson

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
I knew Comcast had a plan when they invested so heavily in NBC/Universal a few years ago! But who would have thought Classic films would benefit. Now if they would put the six track mix back and release Sweet Charity on Blu-Ray ! And please have Shirley M. do a commentary before we lose another STAR and another last chance,
please.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Currently $18.99 at Amazon, but not for immediate shipment (usually ships in 1-3 weeks).

Reactions: PMF

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I might as well chime in as well over the surprise that this set could be had at such an unbelievably low price. Who woulda thought?!

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
People kept telling me that it was fairly priced originally, and I felt that it was more fairly priced under $20. Glad I waited. Blu-rays shouldn't cost so much.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
People kept telling me that it was fairly priced originally, and I felt that it was more fairly priced under $20. Glad I waited. Blu-rays shouldn't cost so much.

Woah! I don't think it's more fairly priced under $20.

How many movies are you getting in this collection? The cost of the restoration itself?

It was fairly priced when it hit $40. I don't think most people mind paying that price.

But to say that this should never have cost so much is not a fair statement.

It's no wonder studios are getting out of the classics on Blu-ray game altogether and just letting their stuff stream with this kind of attitude towards what their product is worth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks