What's new

THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH 1934 which dvd? (2 Viewers)

RobertGr

Second Unit
I saw this great Hitchcock film on TCM the other night and the print was great! Does anyone know which is "the" version here in region 1?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I checked out different editions -- Brentwood, Mill Creek, others. The best picture quality is on Turner Classic Movies. No DVD that I've seen compares to TCM's print.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I wish I had seen that on TCM the other night so I could have compared with the DVD I own (the Digiview edition, c2004).

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I have Calrton's U.K. region 2 edition.
TCM airs a much, much better print.

RobertGr

Second Unit
Does anyone know why Criterion has never released this title, they released definitive versions of THE LADY VANISHES and THE 39 STEPS - it seems to be a natural for Criterion as they would do it right. Does anyone know what source the print TCM ran is from?

The film ranks as one of Hitch's early masterworks and I like it better than the39 STEPS and I feel it is tons better than the later remake with James Stewart and Doris Day!!!!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I watched the remake last night, having never seen the original. I was going to add it to my Netflix queue but several of the reviews said that while the picture quality was OK, the sound was awful and there were no subtitles available to help out with the "veddy British" dialogue. So I skipped it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks