What's new

The Man From U.n.c.l.e. Coming Out On Dvd This September? (1 Viewer)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

Punky was uber popular with kids of the 80's across the gender lines and it is one of the few older (80's) sitcoms that is not given good syndication treatment I have seen at Wal-Mart which means the audience is large enough and in the "target" demographic. I really think people have underestimated the popularity of the series.

I do agree there is a wide enough audience for the UNCLE line, not just those who have seen it but curious people marketed to right would be interested too.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
I saw an online listing of all the tv syndication titles currently available from Paramount Pictures-Viacom International Television and while (former) QM Production tv properties like THE FUGITIVE and CANNON were on the list THE INVADERS was definitely not included.

Why not?

There are two SF specialty tv services in both the U.S. and Canada that surely would be interested in acquiring this program...point-of-fact the U.S.-base Sci-Fi Channel did carry THE INVADERS from 1993-96 to considerable success just before the Paramount take-over of the entire Aaron Spelling tv series library in the late 1990s and it hasn't been shown on tv since then.

No, I'd still appreciate it if David Lambert (or anyone else who's had contact with Paramount) would find out the current status of THE INVADERS as both a tv syndication property and as a potential DVD release.

Sometimes progress requires a helping hand in such matters.

Jeff T.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
I saw an online listing of all the tv syndication titles currently available from Paramount Pictures-Viacom International Television and while (former) QM Production tv properties like THE FUGITIVE and CANNON were on the list THE INVADERS was definitely not included.

Why not?

There are two SF specialty tv services in both the U.S. and Canada that surely would be interested in acquiring this program...point-of-fact the U.S.-base Sci-Fi Channel did carry THE INVADERS from 1993-96 to considerable success just before the Paramount take-over of the entire Aaron Spelling tv series library in the late 1990s and it hasn't been shown on tv since then.

No, I'd still appreciate it if David Lambert (or anyone else who's had contact with Paramount) would find out the current status of THE INVADERS as both a tv syndication property and as a potential DVD release.

Sometimes progress requires a helping hand in such matters.

Jeff T.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was one of the hottest shows of the sixties much more popular than Green Acres or The Outer Limits

I suppose that depends upon what you mean by "popular." In terms of ratings, Green Acres was much more popular than U.N.C.L.E.

Green Acres was a Top-25 program for each of its first four seasons, reaching a peak of #6 in 1966-67. U.N.C.L.E. made the Top 25 only in its second season, at #24.

U.N.C.L.E. was indeed a higher-rated show than The Outer Limits, however.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was one of the hottest shows of the sixties much more popular than Green Acres or The Outer Limits

I suppose that depends upon what you mean by "popular." In terms of ratings, Green Acres was much more popular than U.N.C.L.E.

Green Acres was a Top-25 program for each of its first four seasons, reaching a peak of #6 in 1966-67. U.N.C.L.E. made the Top 25 only in its second season, at #24.

U.N.C.L.E. was indeed a higher-rated show than The Outer Limits, however.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was huge all over the world. No one outside the USA gives a flying f*** about Green Acres. That is a stonewall fact. :D

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was huge all over the world. No one outside the USA gives a flying f*** about Green Acres. That is a stonewall fact. :D

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I love both series, and want the entire runs of both on DVD.

UNCLE was an international hit, and spawned a lot of merchandising, but it faded fast. GREEN ACRES was a long running hit series and had a long life in syndication.

Who really cares which show is better and in which countries they were more popular? Lots of people in the US don't care about shows popular in the UK, and vice versa/ So what?

Just get them out on DVD already.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I love both series, and want the entire runs of both on DVD.

UNCLE was an international hit, and spawned a lot of merchandising, but it faded fast. GREEN ACRES was a long running hit series and had a long life in syndication.

Who really cares which show is better and in which countries they were more popular? Lots of people in the US don't care about shows popular in the UK, and vice versa/ So what?

Just get them out on DVD already.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks