What's new

3D The Mad Magician (1954) - Hoping for a 3-D Blu-Ray release. (1 Viewer)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
The home video rights for this film are currently with Mill Creek Entertainment. Sony has a 3-D DCP ready to go for anybody to make a 3-D Blu-Ray release, but so far Mill Creek has only released the film on DVD as part of a combo pack.

I contacted Mill Creek and asked them if they had any plans to release The Mad Magician on 3-D Blu-Ray. They responded and told me that they have no plans at all to offer any blu-ray release of the film. You can contact them at http://www.millcreekent.com/contact-us let your voice be heard.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
More likely results on MAN IN THE DARK!
I thought that sold out. I could't find it when I was buying titles in their latest sale. Regardless, a 3-D horror Vincent Price film would be a definite sell out for them if they could license.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Perfect timing for this thread as I've finally watched this film for the first time. I'd heard how similar it was to "House of Wax" (a favourite of mine) and it was a delight to finally see "Mad Magician" as part of Mill Creek's combo pack. Good print but I know a Blu-ray upgrade - if it was available - would be a no-brainer for me.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Many thanks, TT, for spilling the beans on this, and to Mill Creek! Yes, you have spared us a lot of anticipatory agony. I don't suppose there is any means of attaching the two Three Stooges 3-D shorts to this....or one on this release and the other on Sadie Thompson? I can't imagine any other way these would be released, seeing as they are less than 20 minutes each. Anyway, thanks again for these Columbia titles. My, my, the classic 3-D availability is really growing impressive. You watchin', Disney? Paramount (HONDO)?

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
And there I was this close to buying a PS3 just for that title! Thanks TT! I'll support all you do! 3d and 2d!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I would thank Grover Crisp and his team at Sony for restoring it too!

It would sure make a nice Halloween release for the fans...

Mad-Magician-3-sheet.gif

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That's with Warner Bros.

Don't hold your breath.

TT should license the classic Columbia Raoul Walsh 3-D western GUN FURY. They have a restored master.
TCM showed a 2D print of The French Line a few weeks ago, and it looked atrocious: blurry, terrible color, awful sound. I don't know if that's the best available material on the movie, but if it is, it's a long, LONG way from ever getting a commercial release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks