What's new

The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers On PS2 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I picked this game up yesterday at EB after seeing a great demo of it.
Impressive. I have played through two levels and the graphics and sound are amazing. It uses scenes, music and even the actors voices from the two films which adds realism. So far it's basically hack and slash in Tolkiens world which is not a bad thing.
The reviewer at www.gamespot.com gave it a rating of 8.1 (Great). I'll spend some more time with it later for a better report.
Anyone else playing this?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I saw an ad for it the other day and it looked fantastic--the ad started out as a movie trailer, and then smoothly morphed right into the game. Very well done; I can't wait for the Xbox version later this year!

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Should have mine today. EB shipped it out 2 days ago. I was never a LOTR fan or even exposed to it until I saw the movie - Im totally hooked now. I wish the XBox version was here instead of the PS2, but I'll still make the best of it.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
We received this game yesterday and the effects are indeed quite impressive. I actually thought the in-game action was a CGI intro. Very nice
In the end, it's an EA game so I expect nothing more than mediocrity.
Oh, how did I get so jaded? ;)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Yeah. If guys are holding out to get the Xbox version, I'd say don't bother. It's EA. It's going to be no better than the PS2 version. They have their heads buried in Sony's asshole so, don't bother.
You know, I understand EA wanting to appease Sony. There's tons more PS2's than Xbox's and, it all comes down to money, BUT EA's making money, alot of it, off of the PS2 so, what's the problem of taking some extra care and making the XBox version better whereby making Xbox users happy and, bringing in a bit more cash on top of the Sony version?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I bought the game yesterday. Writing up a full review right now. I'll post it in about 30 minutes.

I beat the game with Aragorn in 3 hours and 40 minutes just in case anyone was interested. Legolas took me less since I didn't die the second time around. Full review in a bit.

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this game and at first it was amazing, I loved how the movie cuts right into the game. After playing for about 2 hours I just did not like the feel of the game. I don't know what it was but it felt like it was missing something. The graphics are beautiful and really feels like you are in the movie.
I would give it a 7.5 out of 10.
I returned today and picked up Contra. I'll play that and let you know what I think of that.
Najib
www.roninonline.com

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yeah. If guys are holding out to get the Xbox version, I'd say don't bother.
Oh I dont know. Whilst I'm sure we're looking at a straight port here, if the Box version manages to be 5.1 then it's worth waiting for.
I realy want to have the game to play over the holiday season, so if the UK PAL X-box version doesnt make it out this side of Xmas, I will likely go ps2 anyway because I am a chump who knows not the meaning to patience :D.
Dan

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well so far early on its fun enough. Feels a lot like playing Golden Axe to be honest, but who cares since it looks and sounds like LOTR. The immersion aspect is very high with this game. It ties in well with the film so far.
A little hack and slash is always good for a bit of fun.
But it certainly won't be mistaken for GTA3 or something. ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Quit trying to hijack my thread Romier!:D
Seriously, nice complete review.:emoji_thumbsup: I'm going to try and give it some more time today, but I must admit that it sucks to hear that it is so short. It seems like making short games is the norm now. What happened to those great games that took 30 hours to complete?:frowning:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Tino, I finally got Gimli and Aragorn past the part I was having trouble with last night, but there was no trick, it was just hard (easier with Gimli).

So far there really aren't any spoilers per se. You obviously see some places you've only seen in the trailers, but there is only a little bit of footage not already in the trailers and what you do get really just gives the readers even more to enjoy without telling more story.

BTW, I hadn't noticed that the game comes loaded with short featurettes and photo albums you can unlock. I was looking at some of the Fangorn pix. It looks pretty good.

For TTT readers Treebeard is seen and heard in the Fangorn level, but he is speaking in the slow tree-speak and only stands in the background so that a non-reader might go right by him without noticing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Good job Seth.:emoji_thumbsup: I played a bit more last night and am enjoying it very much as is my fiancee. The graphics never cease to impress. I just wish the game was longer. I'll just take my time.:)

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
So is this game still coming out on the other systems or is it going to be PS2 only? I have not seen any information about an XBOX or Gamecube release date.

Gregory

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks