What's new

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King official Region 1 cover artwork (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
As usual, I'll be renting the theatrical (a few times probably) and buying the extended. :)

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I just Paid 17.00 to see this again at a matinee !!!(My wife and I) Feb 6th ...May needs to hurry up and get here !!!!! Im buying both like the first 2 ....Lucas can fuck a duck , i know what a real definition of the word trilogy means...giving the world a choice....original or directors cut...Rings rules the roost!!!

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
A duck? Um, Ok :)

I will definetly be double dipping. As I preferred The Two Towers theaterical cut over the Extended Edition, but the features, commentaries were well worth it to down the EE.

I'm pretty sure the EE cut of ROTK will be better then this cut but who knows.

Ray

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It's because New Line tells everyone from the start that there are going to be two versions, which doesn't happen most of the time from everyone else. The only other instance I can think of is with Pearl Harbor.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Another happy double-dip for me as well. Or, as I prefer to call it: buying the 6-disc Ultimate Edition in two parts. ;)

Too bad there's no pics yet of the EE gift box and what goodie from Sideshow/Weta is packed within... :D

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Heh, that would be classic, Frodo holding up the little golden guy. Looking at the cover again, though, what's up with the hobbit in the center background shot? It's obviously supposed to be Sam, with the backpack and all, but doesn't it look like somebody else's head? Maybe even Peter Jackson's!?

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I didn't double-dip for the first two, but I simply won't be able to pass this up when I see it on the shelf. I liked this film more than the first two. Also, as I understand, there are some good features on the theatrical cut DVD's that are worth owning.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
So does anybody know what's up with the hobbit in the lower center part of the cover? It looks to me like someone else's head super-imposed on a shot of Samwise.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Here's the cover art right beside the original poster art, for all of you doubters:

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
DOH! It looked like Frodo holding an Oscar with Peter Jackson looking on behind him. Hence, I thought it was a fanboy prank.

My bad.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You gotta admit, in that small version with the detail obscured it does kind of look like PJ back there. :)

In the larger version it is obvious that there is dirt on Sam's cheeks, which when shrunk give the illusion of a beard.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks