Rick P

Supporting Actor
For what it's worth...

The Amazon sales ranks...

Golden Collection - #13
Premier Collection - #883

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This looks truly to be a very welcome start to the vintage cartoon age on dvd, with so many wondeful dvds coming out in the next few weeks, it is difficult to choose.

Anybody know the best site to order these from ?

Thanks

:emoji_thumbsup:

SteveK

Supporting Actor
That's a very interesting (and encouraging) statistic, RickP. Obviously there's quite a few people interested in the Premiere collection, but a lot MORE people buying the Gold collection. If that doesn't prove there's a market for these sets, nothing will. Hopefully we'll continue to see large sets with extensive extras.

Steve K.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Here is what will probably happen next time around. Since golden collection is doing so well,yet the premiere is doing decent numbers , there will probably be another batch of golden and premiere as well.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I actually agree with Tony on this one.

However, while I view the Amazon stats as a good sign, I think it will ultimately end up being a lot closer than that when compairing units sold. Sure, animation buffs and adults will be more inclined towards the Golden collection, and these are likely the types of people that would buy off places like Amazon. But, what will give the premier collection momentum is when parents with children that are only looking to be entertained see them sitting next to each other on the shelves. That's why I suspect that in order to satisfy both crouds, you'll see more volumes of each in the future.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Tony, Casey - I hope both of you are correct. I hope both sets do well enough that both options will be available for future sets as well. The desires of the average parent and the typical animation enthusiast can both be met by offering two choices for each release. That way, the parent isn't forced to buy the larger set, and the animation enthusiast isn't forced to buy a smaller one.

Steve K.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just came back from everyone's favorite early street store with the dash in the middle.
they had tons of boxes of stuff all over the store.
one of them was full of all the different new looney toon dvd's.
i picked up a golden collection and it wrang up at the odd price of $42.62.

i will be spending some time watching my favorite cartoons later tonight.:D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
i picked up a golden collection and it wrang up at the odd price of $42.62.
I've seen the prices for next week on Looney Tunes, and this is a fantastic price! (A heads up: It can be had for about $10-15 cheaper on Canadian websites (depending on the coupon) than what Best Buy and Circuit City will be selling it for.)

The spec list on LTGC is beyond my wildest dreams! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just finished up the bug's bunny disk.
and boy is it amazing.
i was alittle worried when the first short, baseball bugs,started out looking somewhat grainy or having tons of mosquito noise. but only the beginning of the short.

the last bug's short was the rabbit of seville.
is this the best short cartoon ever made. eh, could be!

Next indeed!

i havent watched the other discs yet so i don't know if they are included but i would have liked the first appearance of the 4 top characters, bug's, porky, daffy and elmer.
there's a clip from wabbit season on one of the docs and you can clearly see how the awful it looked before restoration made this one cartoon appear brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks