The Lone Ranger (2013) (Blu-ray Combo) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

51uqYkDs37L._SY300_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    They might as well sell the BD now as it looks like the critics are looking to make this film a box office bomb. Actually, the trailers don't look good either so the only thing they can hope for is the Johnny Depp fans.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

The joke is that Disney could just about skip the US release and the movie will still make them tons of money overseas.

4. bgart13

bgart13 Screenwriter

Ben
    Disgusting that they are flogging bds/dvds earlier and earlier. Don't they realize they are potentially sabotaging the theatrical take by doing this? I know they see it as taking in more money faster from home video sales, but c'mon!

5. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    As a person that works in the theatre exhibition industry I used to agree with your statement. However as time has passed the big releases today are really 4 weeks in and the out in Theatres. This is not due to early home release announcements but the titles playing in three to four auditoriums in one complex for a couple of weeks. They are promoted as must see now and except for forums such as this, the release news is not really assimilated to the general public until after the main and sub-runs. I do not see any problem with early announcements, only a short release window.

6. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Screenwriter

Luke J. Chung
    I remember when it used to take not mere weeks, but months and years to wait for official announcements from the studios about their first-run releases being made available on mainstream home video..."Star Wars" & "E.T." immediately come to mind...the fact that we now have such a quick turnover from first-run theatrical release to DVD/blu-ray is both amazing and gratifying to me when I recall that time...

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yeah, even huge hits like The Avengers seem to be old hat after about two weeks and people & the media are talking about whatever the new blockbuster of the week is.

Also, I'm pretty sure that these early listings are Amazon's doing rather than the studio (there's never specs or a release date or cover art). Since Amazon isn't earning off of the theatrical take, they couldn't care less what effect that it has.