What's new

The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray Combo) available for preorder w/$5 off (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
bd mermaid.jpg
bddvd mermaid.jpg

Preorder links below with $5 coupon you can apply.

See the 3D announcement here also with savings coupon

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Rediscover the Film That Gave Voice to a Whole Generation

Disney’s
“The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition”

Splashes Its Ways Into Homes For The Very First Time In Blu-ray™ Hi-Def
With New Breathtaking Picture and Sound Restoration

Film Synopsis: Ariel (voiced by Jodi Benson), is a free-spirited mermaid, who is off on the adventure of a lifetime with her best friend, the adorable Flounder (voiced by Jason Marin), and the reggae-singing Caribbean crab Sebastian (voiced by Samuel E. Wright) at her side. But it will take all of her courage and determination to make her dreams come true—and save her father’s beloved kingdom from the sneaky sea witch Ursula (voiced by Pat Carroll).

Voice Talent: Jodi Benson (Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3) as Ariel
Samuel E. Wright (The Lion King Broadway Show) as Sebastian
Jason Marin (Back to the Future) as Flounder
Pat Carroll (Laverne and Shirley) as Ursula
Buddy Hackett (The Music Man) as Scuttle
Christopher Daniel Barnes (The Brady Bunch Movie) as Eric
Kenneth Mars (Young Frankenstein) as Triton
Ben Wright (The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians) as Grimsby
Paddi Edwards (Hercules) as Flotsam and Jetsam
Edie McClurg (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off) as Carlotta the maid
Will Ryan (The Land Before Time) as Harold the Seahorse
Rene Auberjonois (The Patriot) as Chef Louis
Directors: John Musker (Aladdin)
Ron Clements (Aladdin)

Producers: John Musker (Aladdin)
Howard Ashman (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast)
Maureen Donley (Anastasia)

Writers: John Musker (Aladdin)
Ron Clements (Aladdin)
Irene Mecchi (Brave, The Lion King)

Release Date: October 1, 2013
Direct Prebook August 6, 2013
Distributor Prebook: August 20, 2013

Bonus Features: All-New Music Video
@ Disney Animation
Disney Intermission
Deleted Character
The Real Little Mermaid: Live Action Reference Model
Part of Her World: Jodi Benson’s Voyage To New Fantasyland
Howard’s Lecture
Classic DVD Bonus Features

Suggested Retail Pricing: 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Music Download) = $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack with Digital Copy (Blu-ray + DVD/ Digital Copy) = $44.99 U.S./$47.99 Canada
2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) = $39.99 U.S./$42.99 Canada
Feature Run Time: Approximately 83 minutes

Rated: G in U.S. & Canada (Bonus materials are not rated)

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 formatted for 16x9 TV screens

Sound: Blu-ray: 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (English); Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound (French and Spanish)

Languages: English, French and Spanish

Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish
To learn more visit: Our Facebook page @ www.Facebook.com/DisneyTheLittleMermaid
Follow us on Twitter at @DisneyPictures / #LittleMermaid
View videos at

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
There seems to no longer be a coupon for the regular BD release (non-3-D). It's $3 cheaper to buy the more expensive one and clip the coupon for that one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Virgoan said:
It's $3 cheaper to buy the more expensive one and clip the coupon for that one.
That's what I just did. I'm not interested in 3-D...but the cover of the 3-D version sure is head & shoulders better than the 2-D Blu cover...and its cheaper.

I'll never understand why Disney doesn't use this classic poster art for this film on any of its home video incarnations:

220px-Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That last poster in silhouette, is for adults. The covers above are meant to grab the eye of an 8 year-old girl, "daddy, daddy, it's a mermaid."

If would have preferred that poster until I saw what they are using for the 3D version, it is stunning.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Just bringing this issue up on this site so that possibly some who have connections to Disney can possibly help with spreading the word that the upcoming Little Mermaid BLU has some for sure INTENTIONAL issues and one Issue in Particular that is going to cause concern for fans and for newbies who may think something is wrong with their disc when they watch it this October.

Someone had posted on the Blu-Ray.com Forum that they have an advanced copy of the BLU and they posted the changes. Part of Your World has a touched up edit that while some may not notice it, those who will will still see Ariel singing and physically emoting her song after the actual vocal has ended.

My hope is that Disney is made aware of how this blunder could affect sales as well as return issues and concerns many buyers will feel could be a faulty disc issue. Can you imagine Amazon temporally making the title unavailable to order if enough buyers call them saying the product is defective? Happens a lot.

Please Check out Link with the issues I re-posted on the thread.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=8017886&postcount=1861

If you want to contact Disney concerning the issues please do so in a respectful, and polite manner. :)
1-800-723-4763

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=8018231&posted=1#post8018231

I hope by posting this perhaps a disc replacement plan can be implemented soon after the Oct 1st Blu Ray release. I don't mind buying the disc in stores when it is released if Disney can at least let those who wish have their disc replaced.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
You know, these issues of dropped lines or even words are becoming so common place, that I'm getting to the point that I want to ignore them. There are more important things to lose sleep over. Go ahead and start WWW3 about it if you'd like, but I'm done with stressing over tiny gaffes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
You know, these issues of dropped lines or even words are becoming so common place, that I'm getting to the point that I want to ignore them. There are more important things to lose sleep over. Go ahead and start WWW3 about it if you'd like, but I'm done with stressing over tiny gaffes.
There's certainly more important things to worry about in the world but at the same point, the studios do want our money so I think it's fair to let them know when they screw up. I'm not talking about ranting and raving or saying something moronic like "Di$ney, U raped my childhoD!!!!!!!!!!" but sending a short & polite e-mail or letter saying why you're concerned may correct the situation.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
TravisR said:
There's certainly more important things to worry about in the world but at the same point, the studios do want our money so I think it's fair to let them know when they screw up. I'm not talking about ranting and raving or saying something moronic like "Di$ney, U raped my childhoD!!!!!!!!!!" but sending a short & polite e-mail or letter saying why you're concerned may correct the situation.
Carry on, then. I just don't have any more outrage left in me at this point. :mellow:

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
It is getting beyond ridiculous at this point, and I'm very close to throwing my hands up in the air. I have very little "fight" left in me at this stage of the game. Especially where Disney is concerned. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks